「 𝟏𝟕 」

You're the only one I've let in my heart, and the only one I ever will.

That sentence replayed in Jimin's mind a lot.

But he doubted him a little.

- // -

Why does he keep looking at her?

Jimin ran his hand through his hair, exhaling in annoyance. Kim Taehyung, the cause of his euphoria.

His crush.

The man who was interested in someone else, but Jimin wasn't willing to admit he was jealous. Never.

He watched as Taehyung observed the girl from afar. He looked so serious it was almost handsome. His eyebrows furrowed a little, his hands gripping a tiny paper bag that contained something. Something Jimin wanted to rip out of his hands and see what it was. But he couldn't do that to his Taehyung.

So he continued to look, and saw how nervous the male was when he approached her. She tucked a lock of hair behind her ears and smiled. Taehyung's eyes had widened, and he quickly passed the bag to her.

Jimin read his lips. 'For you.'

The male scurried away, but Jimin continued watching. She unfolded the bag and read the letter, giggling a little.

His heart felt tormented, but he couldn't help but watch the love of his life continue to court that Haerin. She was a patient who needed to undergo a few surgeries because of her weak heart, and Jimin had operated on her before. So had Taehyung, and she was in the ward below their shared office. Now, she was recovering bit by bit, being able to stand and all, but no one knew if her condition would lapse.

Why her? Not me? Am I not good enough?

Of course you aren't comparable to her. She fought for her life, and you? You're just an ugly boy wanting a hot guy to notice you. Come on, Jimin, stop being so pathetic. Don't fight for someone you'll never get. It just shows how weak you are.

Whenever Jimin talked to Taehyung, he was a little snappy, knowing that he had lost to a pretty girl he wasn't able to match up to. Knowing that if he continued liking him further, his heart would just be shattered even more.

But it was unstoppable.

Till the day he saw Taehyung weep.

The male was sobbing silently at the table in the corner of the cafeteria, his head tucked under his arms.

Jimin went to investigate, and found that Haerin had passed away due to an aneurysm. He wanted to finally smile, but he couldn't.

Instead, he did whatever his instinct told him to do.

"Why are you crying?"

The male looked up at him, his tear-stained eyes red. "Why do you need to know?" He breathed out hoarsely.

"I'm just trying to help."

"S-she told me in her final letter she doesn't really love me. She said she liked someone else." He collapsed onto the table again, and Jimin's insides wanted to cry.

Now he would feel how he felt.

A taste of his own medicine.

He held his tongue.

"You liked her, didn't you?"

Taehyung ignored him and continued. "And guess what?"

"Huh?"

"She said she liked you." Taehyung hissed, and Jimin's eyes bulged.

"Me?" He pointed to himself. "Why me?"

"Said you were handsome, knew your stuff well, charming as always when you checked up on her." The male spat, standing up.

"Don't take it that way-"

"Get out of my life, Park Jimin."

Jimin wanted to burst out in tears. Now his own love hated him. What else could he do?

"I-I'm staying right where I am." He uttered.

And that was where the entire matter stemmed from. Taehyung began hating Jimin's guts, and soon the love Jimin once had for him began to fall apart.
Taehyung completely sealed his heart off after that, and Jimin took the long years to forget whatever infatuation he had for the male.

Love had haplessly crumbled. Hate only festered in its place.

- // -

A short flashback

I hope you all are alright ❤️
Stay safe for me okay?