「 𝟒𝟗 」

30th of December

"Alright, you go first, I'll follow behind." Jimin whispered, lifting the cake up precariously with both small hands. Seokjin attached the party hat to his head and strode out the door, taking Namjoon's hand. Jungkook hopped out of the door after Jimin, excitedly chuckling together with Jihoon, a 'surprise' gift in their hands. Yoongi and Hoseok were already waiting outside Seokjin's office, hands firmly locked.

Taehyung had fallen asleep on his table, the sunlight shining on his face yet not waking him up. Hoseok opened his mouth and began to sing, just as Seokjin yelled, 'HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIM TAEHYUNG!!!'.

The chorus was messy, with Namjoon lagging a little and Yoongi softly mumbling, while Jungkook and Jihoon were overly hyped, dancing against the walls and doing all sorts of strange moves to give the surprise life.

Taehyung's eyelids flew open hearing Jimin's sweet voice among the crowd of noise, then saw a cake being placed gently with two hands— a familiar ring he knew atop it.

"Happy Birthday, love." He turned and Jimin pressed a happy kiss against his lips, eyes smiling. And the taller melted, feeling his fiancée's soft hands and the engagement ring on his small finger.

"AYYYY EAT THE CAKE!" Jungkook yelled, getting the knife from Seokjin and to everyone's surprise, expertly slicing it down the middle.

A cacophony of 'happy birthday's echoed in Taehyung's ear, and he knew it was his dear friends who'd come to celebrate his birthday he'd nearly forgotten.

"Thank you everyone." He blushed, turning towards them and hugging the group, except Jimin.

Because Jimin claimed his place right on his lap after Taehyung sat down to eat, busying himself by dividing the cake into eight equal slices.

"Oh yes— your gift." Jihoon handed the gift that was wrapped in plenty of colours over, and the man accepted it gratefully with a respectful bow of his head. It felt heavy, and Taehyung guessed it held either metal or glass.

As the eight of them comfortably settled around the room, either sitting on tables and chairs or leaning against the wall, a happy chatter ensued along with bursts of contagious laughter that had never before been happier than right then.

- // -

31st of December

"Darling." Taehyung's voice, tinged with tenderness, made Jimin's head turn towards the male standing in the doorway. The silver-haired was currently flipping through a book, lying stomach-down comfortably on the pink bed, with the fairy lights turned on. He looked like an angel to Taehyung as the aforementioned entered the room, fresh like a morning breeze.

Clad in his favourite Gucci shirt that had their history from way back then together with black sweats, Jimin felt warmed by Taehyung's presence alone- something he'd never stop loving.

"It's a little early, what are you doing here?" hummed the elder, refocusing his gaze on the book. Taehyung kicked his slippers off and climbed atop Jimin, hugging his tiny waist from behind.

He's so warm, Jimin thought. Just one of the many things he loved about his fiancé.

"Just missing you." breathed the taller, burying his face in Jimin's back. "Why can't we sleep together on one bed?"

"That was because you kept hogging the blanket." chuckled Jimin. "And you thought the bolster was me and cuddled it instead."

"So this is revenge?" Taehyung cooed, running a hand through the shorter's hair.