「 𝟏𝟓 」

Blueming — IU

- // -

Actually, Taehyung and Jimin had planned early. The gathering was still about a week away, but it was good to plan early. Work was becoming busy, the flow of patients increasing each day. Jungkook was called in to assist many times, but he wasn't complaining, forever responding with the alacrity any top doctor would need.

Taehyung and Jimin had less time to see each other, with them entering and exiting the office at least five times an hour. It was always either one of them sitting at the table, staring emptily into space until he was called in, meaning they had less time to talk, or simply enjoy the latter's presence. Cold silence penetrated the walls, along with the taps of the keyboard and occasionally, either Jungkook's hardworking scratches of pen on paper, or the crisp sound of pages flipping.

While the younger found happiness in solace, a fond smile teasing his lips as he busied himself with work, the elder felt the familiar void of emotion, as he'd experienced for the past five years. Not even thinking, even the inside voice in his mind quiet, simply staring out the window at the noiseless, yet bustling traffic outside. So noisy yet so silent. Without the other.

- // -

Strawjimberry
Have you eaten your breakfast?
Did you drink your coffee?
You won't have energy if you don't, Tae.
10.38am

Make sure you take a nap if possible, don't overwork yourself okay?
1.34pm

Taesprout
Okay, I'll do it.
Take care of yourself too, don't you dare skip meals.
Is Jungkook doing fine?
3.58pm

Strawjimberry
I don't know how he can stand for so long, honestly. My legs are tired and I need a hug.
4.29pm

Taesprout
Aww, don't worry.
I'll send you a virtual one.
(sending...)
6.32pm

Strawjimberry
Thank you Tae.
I'll be going home now, are you still at work?
8.47pm

Nevermind, I'm staying.
9.01pm

Taesprout
Just finished, you should be home now.
10.56pm

Strawjimberry
Im watinh at teh caffetria.
11.04pm

- // -

By the time Taehyung had grabbed his coat, made sure Jungkook left for home, and trudged downstairs, he found Jimin snoring peacefully on the cafeteria table, his hair all fluffed up because of his position. His cheek was squished on one side, and it made his lips pout even more.

"I told you to go home and rest, didn't I?" Taehyung murmured, gently rubbing the sleeping man's shoulder. His poor, exhausted patient. Why did he wait for me? He still has to go home, doesn't he?

"Hmmph, oh you're here." Jimin rose, giving him a sleepy smile, his eyes half closed, one cheek red from pressing it on the table for so long. He stood up, swaying a little, rubbing his eyes. But the male's legs gave way and he stumbled forward, falling onto Taehyung, who acted quickly and caught him.

"Still sleepy aren't you?" The taller cooed, picking Jimin up, who wrapped his legs around the other's waist instinctively. Taehyung closed his eyes at the feeling of Jimin resting his head in the crook of his neck, sound asleep. He picked up Jimin's things, slinging them on his other shoulder and walked to the lift lobby.