「 𝟐𝟏 」

Okay prep yourselves for some angst, because I am an angsty person :)

- // -

"Who's that?" Jimin murmured, peeping into Seokjin's office, where the door was open. He swore he felt his heart skip a beat.

A handsome young man stood in front of Seokjin's table, where the elder was welcoming him warmly. Because he backfaced Jimin, he didn't know how he looked like just yet, but bless those body proportions.

Taehyung wasn't at work yet, leaving Jimin alone with Jungkook as the male retreated to his office. Jungkook sat at his table reading studiously, his eyes focusing on every word as the crisp flipping of pages occasionally resounded.

"Jungcook?"

"Yes, sir?" He said quietly, looking up from his book. "Is there anything you need?"

"No. Did you see that man in Seokjin's office?"

"Oh, um, he's new too." Jungkook mumbled, shifting uncomfortably in his chair. He was still a junior, after all, and could lose his position if there was someone else doing better than him by the end of six months. Seokjin had told him about it yesterday after work, and honestly he was feeling a little downcast. Replaced, even. "You'll be taking him. Mr Kim is in charge of me from now on. Mr Seokjin told me." His voice was soft, apprehensive, and he didn't look at Jimin, his hands uneasily gripping the pages. He had been reading because he was trying to get things off his mind, but it wasn't helping. Now that both of them weren't working together to monitor him, he didn't know what would happen to their relationship.

Jimin nodded and sat down, eager to ask Seokjin about the details. Jungkook hesitantly resumed reading, but seeing the excited look on his senior's face made him want to cry his little heart out. He hoped Jimin wouldn't forget about him or Mr Kim just because someone new was coming in. He never knew Jimin could be so happy seeing a junior, unlike when Jungkook himself was first transferred in.

Stop it, Jungkook. You aren't a baby. He chided himself, taking a deep breath then inconspicuously swiping his tears away.

The door opened and the new guy walked in, Seokjin behind him.

"Jimin, Jungkook, this is Lee Jinwoo. He's a junior too, and you'll be in charge of him." Seokjin expected Jimin to start raging, but what he did almost made Seokjin's eyes pop.

The male stood up and shook his hand warmly. "Nice to meet you, Jinwoo, I'm Park Jimin."

His eyes never left his face, as Jimin studied Jinwoo carefully. His features were sharp and he had light brown hair, a shade lighter than Jungkook's. He wore a slight smile, or smirk, and was a little taller than Jimin himself. Not bad, Jimin thought.

"Nice to meet you too, sir." He replied cooly, no trace of hesitation in his voice.

"Jungkook, you'll be moving to my office. Jinwoo will have to be under Jimin's supervision, and anyway you're doing very well already. Come along."

Jungkook felt hot tears rising to his eyes as he packed his things, which weren't many. His writing materials, laptop, and books. He felt like he was leaving an old friend, his little table in the corner. And the worst part was that someone else was replacing his spot. But he blinked them away, silently and quickly walking out of the office. No one noticed but Seokjin.

"Jungkook, is anything wrong?" Seokjin warmly placed a hand on the younger's shoulder as they walked to Seokjin's office. "Don't feel bad, I trust you so much."

"I- I know, Mr Seokjin." Jungkook bit his tongue to stop himself from talking any further. Talking wasn't helping his tears.

"I know it's because of the new junior... don't feel replaced. In a few months there's a high chance you're going to be a full time doctor here." Seokjin felt bad for the younger, consoling him. He knew what it felt to be replaced, and to add to that Jungkook was so young. It certainly didn't feel good, but this time Seokjin didn't have a say in his. Kim Seokjin's in-charge had said so.

Jungkook stayed quiet, unpacking his things at his new spot in Seokjin's office, slowly and neatly, thinking. He already missed that tiny table. Didn't Seokjin see the difference between how Jimin first looked and him and how he looked at the other guy?

- // -

Taehyung walked into the office and did a double take.

"Who are you?" He narrowed his eyes at the newcomer, frowning on instinct, gripping his Gucci coat tightly. He still did hate juniors. Maybe he just had a little soft spot for Jungcook...

"I'm Lee Jinwoo, Mr Kim." The male stood up, bowing. Taehyung scoffed, an arrogant aura surrounding this man. "I'm under Mr Park's supervision."

The way he smiled, and the way his eyes were slit upwards made Taehyung uncomfortable. Setting his Gucci things down on his table, Taehyung exited the room without a word to demand why Jungkook was gone.

"Seokjin, where- oh, you're here, Jungcook." Taehyung said in surprise, seeing Jungkook's slightly red rimmed eyes and Seokjin's deep frown on his face.

"Why is he here? Isn't he supposed to be where that newbie is?"

"Orders from my in-charge." Seokjin sighed, and Taehyung knew this hadn't been what Seokjin had planned. "From now on Jungkook's under you only."

Taehyung coughed politely. "You fine?" He motioned to Jungkook.

"Yes, sir." The younger breathed out, unable to tear his eyes off the book, afraid that he would just start crying again.

Taehyung decided not to pursue the matter, knowing how sensitive Jungkook was.

Then his phone rang, and Jungkook stood up knowing it was time to start work.

"Cheer up." Taehyung tried, patting Jungkook's back. A weak smile flashed in return, and Taehyung couldn't help being a little distressed on how down the cheerful boy looked.

- // -

"You're not bad at this." Jimin raised his eyebrows, nodding in approval. Jinwoo bowed, and Jimin just looked at how neat this male was.

"Coffee, Mr Park?"

"Yes please." Jimin led Jinwoo out of the room, almost feeling surprised at how friendly he was toward a junior now. How did he change so much?

Jungkook overheard the two as he walked past the room, his heart dropping a little. He shouldn't be feeling this way! Being jealous wasn't going to help, he told himself, do what you always do and get that job. Don't distract yourself.

With that, Jungkook stood up straight, walking into the theatre where Taehyung had been waiting for him.

- // -

Short update, but I hope you enjoy it <3
Double update, cuz why not

I love dark mode cuz now I can write at night without anyone noticing the super annoying bright white background ugh, meaning I can write mOREEEEEE for my babies