「 𝟑𝟓 」

He paused, wiping the thick line of sweat that had gathered on his temples. His face never felt this grubby, nor his body with every step he took. He could feel every joint moving achingly, every trickle of sweat sliding between his back and shirt.

He was at a cross-junction. He'd reached Seoul, but not at the centre where his house was located. There was still a little way in, a few kilometres to go.

For the past day, he'd slept in the little room he rented from a random motel he had passed by. But it was only a few hours worth of sleep, because Taehyung's will to return to Jimin's side strengthened when he received no calls from him at all.

Now dusk was falling, and he was drained. His feet dragged across the pavement, feeling the rough cement scuff the soles of his expensive shoes. His eyelids felt heavy, but a vibration from his pocket woke him.

It wasn't Jimin calling.

It was a hospital's number.

In his state of drowsiness, he barely had any reaction as he received the call.

"Are you Mr Kim Taehyung? Mr Kim Yoonwoo's son?"

"Yes." He gripped his painting tight, unwilling to let it fall from his grip that loosened every once in a while.

"I am sorry to report that your father has unfortunately passed away at 6.34pm, from a heart attack in the hospital, sir. A neighbour heard a crash in his house and went to check on him, then called for the ambulance when he was found unconscious. However, doctors were unable to save him in time."

The rest of the words stopped flowing. The male on the other end was still rambling on about the details, but Taehyung heard nothing. He was held in a trance, a dazed state where he could only hear those three words.

Father.

Passed away.

He didn't hear anything as the call ended, nor did he feel the painting clatter to the floor as his tears fell, unnoticed.

It all happened in a flash.

Him visiting his father.

Realising he was a disappointment.

Him leaving for home.

His father passing away.

What were his last words to his father again?

"You can't accept your son for who he is?"

"But I became a surgeon! Like you wanted me to be! I gave up art for you!"

Taehyung couldn't think.

The numbness of the pain soon wore off, and he felt the full blow of effects.

His father wasn't dead.

He would not believe it.

He was still here.

So tormented by his inner monster raging him, he didn't notice his body losing the fight. His weary legs giving way.

His tears falling.

His unconscious body crumpling onto the roadside.

The car that had turned in the junction and was careening right in his direction.

Time only kept flowing.

- // -

Caller ID unavailable...