「 𝟐𝟒 」

Jinwoo didn't stop inviting Jimin to eat lunch with him, nor talk to him whenever possible. At first Jimin felt weird, but he desperately needed to get his mind off things. So he let himself do whatever Jinwoo wanted.

Taehyung only messed up more and more. He found that his instruments were strangely damaged, and it probably wasn't his doing. Then again, he was drunk and could have done some things he didn't know he did. Unable concentrate wholly on the operation, he felt like a failure to himself. He had tried his best, but a number of patients still developed complications after the surgery. By then, Taehyung didn't feel like working anymore. He was thrown into a state of self-pity and constantly reproached himself till he cried.

Seeing a usually strong Mr Kim cry didn't help matters for Jungkook. The boy did everything he could to help Taehyung, and often found himself consoling the elder or buying him a cup of tea. And Jungkook refused to talk to Jimin until Taehyung was okay.

Basically, Jimin only had Jinwoo to talk to now.

- // -

"I've heard so much about you, Mr Park." purred Jinwoo, his brown eyes attractively gleaming, in which Jimin couldn't help but stare.

"Oh. Really?" He lowered his head a little, shyly blushing. His nervous fingers fiddled with themselves, playing a game of tag. Why was he like this?

Few people complimented him in the face like this, and so far only Taehyung had succeeded. Jinwoo was the second to do so...

"Mr Park, what kind of relationship would you want to be in?" The younger proffered, elegantly clasping his hands together and leaning forward, the smile never leaving his face.

"Umm..."

Taehyung. That was the very first, and perhaps only word that flashed right then.

Why am I thinking of him?

"I... I'm not good with relationships..." He admitted, "but I would like to be in one. I'm a little lonely."

He could feel his heartbeat pushing the boundaries of his ribcage.

"Interesting." muttered Jinwoo, nodding.

"Why did you ask?"

"Oh, nothing, it was a silly possibility. My crazy self was envisioning illusions." He shook his head, amused.

"Wait, you..." Jimin paused, processing his ambiguous reply.

He wanted to be in one... with me?

"I don't know. I just thought you were a very... attractive senior, with all the ideal attributes you know, caring, smart, fun, handsome, teasing..." Jinwoo ticked them off his fingers.

He felt his face burn yet again, stomach churning up. Suddenly, he wondered how it would feel to be in a proper relationship with someone.

And strangely, he just wondered how it would feel to kiss him.

He swore he felt his heart beating exponentially faster. Why couldn't he calm down?

"Can I-"

A curt voice cut him off.

"Mr Park."