「 𝟐𝟔 」

"Come in, Kim." A stony voice called out, and Seokjin quietly walked in, bowing then sitting before the man.

"Mr Kwon, I have a serious matter to report." Seokjin held his head low.

"What?" Kwon Jaewon pushed his glasses up. Salt and pepper hair adorning his forehead, the stern old man was not someone to be toyed with.

Kim Seokjin...

Isn't he gay?

That fact irked him a little, but he was in a good mood today. Pushing the trivial matter away, he focused on whatever the male was doing.

"Here's a footage. Please watch carefully, Mr Kwon." Seokjin booted up his computer and played the footage in front of his boss.

The old man watched, frowning deeply. "And who are the two?"

"The taller one is Lee Jinwoo, son of Mr Lee Hyungpil. He tried to sexually harass Mr Park Jimin at work, until Mr Kim Taehyung intervened."

"Lee Hyungpil? Your in-charge has a son?"

"Yes, Mr Kwon. I believe Mr Lee used his power to get his son into our department, because he was after Mr Park Jimin."

Kwon Jaewon tsked under his breath. "Call Park Jimin, Kim Taehyung and Lee Jinwoo in here."

Seokjin paled, but followed his instructions nonetheless. Soon, the three of them entered the room.

"Mr Park, is it true that Lee Jinwoo attempted to sexually harass you?"

"Y-yes, sir. He pinned me to the wall and said that he wanted me, then put his knee in between my legs." Jimin wanted to cry at that memory, while Jinwoo looked on, enraged. "He... he..."

Unable to continue, Jimin simply bared the outstanding mark on his neck, shivering in disgust.

"I did not, Mr Park did similar things to me before!" Jinwoo protested, his face displaying a false look of innocence.

"Can you explain?" Mr Kwon looked at Jimin.

"I definitely did not do such things, sir. Please believe me, Jinwoo made a first move at me without my consent."

"Do you have proof?"

Jimin was taken aback. "I... I..."

"Mr Kwon." Taehyung interrupted. "I have proof."

"You? You intervened during the scene, am I right?"

"Yes, sir. But the proof is not with me, but with my junior. Jeon Jungkook. I have tasked him to constantly observe what Jinwoo was doing." Jinwoo now had a look of astonishment and outrage on his face.

"Get Jeon Jungkook here immediately."

Within minutes, Jungkook hesitantly stood in Jaewon's office, nervously glancing at everyone in the room.

"Is it true that you observe Jinwoo and Jimin under Taehyung's instructions?"

"Yes sir." He replied confidently.

"Based on your observations, what have you heard and seen?"

"Jinwoo always asks Mr Park out for lunch, and they sit together at the corner of the cafeteria. They have only talked, and I have never seen any of them doing anything else together in the hospital."

"I assume you are not lying?"

"Sir, I dare not lie in front of you! I could lose my job!" Jungkook's lower lip trembled.

Jaewon sighed, looking at the young male. "Do you have evidence?"

"I do not take pictures, Mr Kwon. I only see what they do." Jungkook said.

Jinwoo burst into the conversation. "Mr Kwon, I have something to say!"

Everyone looked on.

"Jimin was the one who agreed to be my boyfriend the day before, and because we got into a fight, he wants to use this against me!"

"WHAT?!" Jimin yelled, Taehyung, Jungkook and Seokjin looking equally stunned.

Lee Hyungpil stepped into the room.

Jinwoo turned and smiled. "Dad! Jimin agreed to be my boyfriend the day before, didn't he? At our house!"

"I never did such a thing!" Jimin shouted, angry tears coursing down his cheeks.

"Oh, he did! It was such a happy thing to see my son finally having someone to settle with. What's the matter?"

"Hyungpil, come here." The elderly man ordered, and the middle aged man slowly stepped forward.

"Let me ask you. Did you or did you not change the new junior's application form to your son's?" Jaewon gripped the man's shirt tightly. The memory from less than a week ago resurfaced.

"D-did not."

"Do you want me to sack you?"

"N-no sir."

"DID YOU, OR DID YOU NOT?" The elderly male shouted, veins protruding from his red neck.

"Sir." Hyungpil choked out, desperately trying to free himself from the vice-like grip. "I did not!"

"I have interviewed the two a few days ago. I specifically chose Park Jihoon, where is he?"

"H-he... he refused to take the offer, sir." Hyungpil insisted, clenching his teeth.

"Liar." Jaewon spat. "Don't think I haven't seen what your son did through the footage. Getting your own son into that position so he can pursue the man he wants. Despicable."

Hyungpil couldn't answer back, and Jinwoo could only watch his father struggling in his boss' hands.

"Park Jihoon had better qualifications than Jinwoo, and I could see how much he wanted to become a doctor. Not only that, I was not informed that Jinwoo took the job instead of Jihoon."

"S-sir."

A cold silence ghosted the four walls of the room.

"Take your things and leave. Your check will be mailed to you. Your son is fired. Seokjin, email Park Jihoon that he will be starting work tomorrow, and apologise for the delay." Jaewon let go of the man, dusting his hands off like someone who had just touched a dirty stain on the floor. A true king.

"Now everybody get out. I will change the positions later." With that, everyone left the room, some secretly celebrating, some furiously seething.

- // -