「 𝟐𝟐 」

"Have you..." Taehyung paused, then shut himself up. He shouldn't interrupt the important conversation between Jimin and his junior. He was about to ask Jimin is he had taken his meals, but decided to leave that alone. Setting the coffee cup he had intended to buy for Jimin on his table, he realised there was already one there.

He glanced up to Jimin, who was chatting with Jinwoo animatedly, even laughing. And wondered what Jimin had eaten.

Never mind, Taehyung shook his head and placed the cup on his own table, ignoring the two beside him. His thoughts shifted to Jungkook. Something was off about him, and it was a little concerning. But he still did his work properly though, as always. Jimin too. Just a month ago Jimin would narrow his eyes at any junior he saw along the hallway, and now...

Maybe things had changed. Taehyung shrugged, his dark eyebrows fiercely furrowed, and resumed his work. Jimin wasn't his, he belonged to whoever his heart desired. Taehyung knew to respect his decisions. He had more important things to do anyway.

- // -

Apparently this Jinwoo guy seemed to be pretty friendly and cool, even if he was talking to someone famous like Jimin. It came off as charming to Jimin, and soon the older male took a lot of interest in talking to the newbie in between work.

And of course, everything had a compromise.

For two whole weeks, Taehyung hardly talked to Jimin, knowing that firstly, Jimin was so swept up in everything he never took notice of his surroundings anymore, secondly, Jungkook was feeling sad and he didn't know what to do, and thirdly he had work to tend to, and knew better than to embroil himself in the drama.

But that didn't stop Taehyung from silently observing from afar, if Jimin had eaten or drunk anything to keep his energy up. The newbie seemed to be taking good care of everything.

At last, Taehyung had a chance with Jimin alone.

"How's work."

It wasn't a question, but a forced statement someone didn't seem to notice.

"Oh, amazing. Jinwoo is such an interesting person, he used to do sailing when he was young! And he used to be a competitive billiards player!" The younger exclaimed, not taking into account the younger's quiet mood yet.

Taehyung nodded, running a tongue across his dried lips. Yeah, sure. Have fun. He wanted to say, but couldn't bring himself to saying it out.

He managed a "that's nice." instead.

"And you?" Jimin collected himself, cheeks flushed.

Ducking finally he knows something obviously isn't right.

"Sure, everything's perfect as heck." Taehyung unintentionally said, sarcasm all over his voice.

Oh no, what did I do?

Kim Taehyung, you are one idiotic fool.

"What's wrong with you?" Jimin asked, a frown etched in his features.

"You just can't peel your eyes away from that guy huh? And notice that there's actually another junior whom you used to take care of."