「 𝟑𝟕 」

They dreaded everything, the moment Jimin slid into the room. Silence befell everyone, even Jungkook. The weight was heavy on every one of them, the lights casting a garish shadow over halves of their faces.

"W-Why?" Jimin wasn't stupid. He knew something was wrong; smiles should have been in place of them. His fingers curled around the cups of his sleeve, tentatively.

"H-He's still alive, isn't he?" whispered the male. His breaths stopped for a while.

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

"Answer me."

"He is." Namjoon interrupted the deafening silence, his head shooting up. "He is."

"Then why-"

"I don't know if I should tell you."

Jimin mentally prepared himself for the worst, inhaling deeply till the chilly air was pressed against his expanded, pained ribcage.

"J-Just."

He pressed his eyelids shut, seeing the scarlet headache dancing before the darkness.

"Tell me."

"He's comatose." Namjoon's voice softened visibly, trying to make it as gentle as possible. Slowly, carefully.

Does that mean I'll never get to see him awake again?

When will he wake up?

When will he-

Jungkook scurried over to the elder's side, seeing the familiar eruption of tears when Jimin's eyes closed.

"M-Mr Park. Mr Kim will get well soon. He will wake up soon, please don't cry."

Jimin said nothing.

His lips were trembling too hard, his throat seared by all sorts of strange pains surfacing, unable to speak. It felt dry, sour, yet burning hot at the same time.

The five of them huddled together in a group hug, enclosing Jimin within it. Hoseok gently murmured sweet words of consolation, while Seokjin rubbed his back and neck, feeling the shudders of the weeping male.

"We're through this together." The second eldest whispered, and Namjoon nodded. Jimin's fists were busy swiping rivulets away, eyes unrecognisable. Jungkook couldn't even imagine the amount of pain he was experiencing right then.

"Stay strong, Jimin. Taehyung's probably dreaming of you right now."

"Comatose people d-don't dream." He hiccuped.

"You won't know, Jimin."

As the group released the male, they gently retreated from the room to give him a little space, but waited outside the door. Jimin stood about a metre from the bed, watching his darling's rising and ebbing of the chest, like gentle lapping of waves against the shore.

Kneeling down, Jimin was eye-level with Taehyung's sleeping face.

Even asleep, he was so beautiful.

So peaceful.

As if he was ridded of his traumatic memories, finally free of the torment of the past. As if he was enjoying paradise right at that moment, the tranquility of calmness unbroken.

Jimin's little fingers slowly slipped in between the large, strong hands, and curled around them.

The touch was cold at first, but slowly grew warmer.

Jimin missed his hands. His toasty warmth. His dominant figure treating him, teasing him.

"I miss you so much, you know?"

Parts of his voice cracked, but emotion rushed through that crack like water leaking out of a broken tank.

Taehyung's eyes were perpetually closed.

Pretty eyelashes were in place of his chocolate iris.

"You'll stay strong for me, won't you?"

"You promise," Jimin steadied himself, ridding himself of foolish tears cascading down his face. "You won't leave me alone in this world, right?"

He remembered Taehyung's cheeky counterattacks.

"You like me, right?"

"Left."

But there was no deep, indescribable voice saying 'left' to fill the void in Jimin's heart.

"Left." He sobbed. "Say left for me."

The machine whirred in the background like a floury, silent stave of music.

He clasped their hands together, harder.

He saw Taehyung's lyrics in his head.

Prising open his lips, his wobbling voice sung.

"Come h-home and lie in bed..."

Taehyung's lips were chapped, as always.

"T-Thinking if it was m-my fault?"

It wasn't easy seeing your love unconscious in front of you. And hold his hand, then sing the very song he'd composed.

"Dizzy night, l-looking at the clock. S-Soon it will be midnight..."

Jimin couldn't go on. It was as if his will stopped him from doing so, and not even a choke could bring out those few words. Something about being happy.

I'm so sorry.

I can't.

Jimin laid his head on the younger's bed, just touching his torso. Feeling the heat instantly calmed his jerky hiccups down, and his silver strands laid gently on Taehyung's shirt, eyes drawing to a close.

He tried mouthing the rest of the lyrics, but life wouldn't let him.

The male softly reeled himself into dreamland where he and his love were finally happy together, and where life could finally give them the happy ever after they were searching for all this while.

- // -

I'm so so sorry for such a short update geez usually each chap is around 1000+ words but it sucks to suck being me and i suck it up anyway

now lemme just yeet my sss off and hope no one will know cuz my homework is a literally blank piece of paper just like my future :) sayonara