Chapter 2- The End of The Affair

3rd Person P.O.V.

Jessica Gilbert tried Caroline Forbes for the hundredth time in the past two days. "Any luck?" Sean asks, seeing the angry look on his best friend's face.

"No, she's avoiding me. She knows she messed up and she won't even own up to it," she spits venomously, making Sean change topics.

"So how were the wolves?" He wonders casually and Jessica snaps her head up to him.

"What are you talking about? I don't know anything about the wolves," she lies sincerely, but Sean knows better.

"I followed you, saw you talking to the leader," he begins and Jessica sighs, cutting him off.

"It's called an alpha and his name is Jackson. Look, I'll tell you but you can't tell anyone, got it?"

Sean laughs. "We can go in the confessional if you'd like," he jokes and Jessica looks taken aback.

"This is a Catholic church?" She asks, genuinely not knowing that.

"What did you think the confessionals were, and don't say make out rooms for when church gets boring," he says, seriously worried she would say that. Jessica laughs at his expression.

"No, you jackass, I thought they were supply closets," she laughs out. He nods his head, accepting the answer before leading her to the confessional booth. "Forgive me, father, for I have sinned," Jessica begins seriously.

"Oh just tell me! You aren't really Catholic so it doesn't matter but nobody will hear us and I won't tell anyone, now spill," Sean commands, eager for information about the supernatural as his uncle only tells him little things.

"Well, I went to see them because as you know, I'm part wolf too and Jack is nice. He hadn't broken his curse yet the last time I was in town and we hung out for a bit. We mainly just talked about normal things. I told him about my twin galavanting around Mystic Falls pretending to be me and Caroline's betrayal. I caught him up on everything else that had happened since I last saw him too."

"Did you tell him about the ghosts?"

"Of course not. I don't want him to think I'm crazy. Besides, he only knows I'm a wolf. They were cursed by witches, I don't think they be too welcoming to me if they found out I was one. Plus, his best friend Oliver is already suspicious of me. I don't know why he hates me but whatever."

"Can't they smell it on you?" Sean asks, confused, remembering Jessica telling him something about werewolves smelling witches and vampires.

"I can mask my scent, it's how I hide my wolf side from Marcel's vampires," she tells him before looking down at her phone for the time. "Speaking of, I have to meet with Marcel and T, plus I still need to get ahold of Care, so I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Sure, come by the apartment tonight and you can have dinner with us," he offers and Jessica grins.

"Maybe. You know, I think I'm getting closer to corrupting you, Sean O'Connell," she jokes.

"Whatever you say, Jess." She laughs before exiting the confessional and heading to the compound.

______________

Across the country in Chicago, Klaus enters Gloria's bar to speak with the witch about his failure to create hybrids. "So a hybrid walks into a bar, says to the bartender..." He starts but she cuts him off.

"Stop. You may be invincible, but that doesn't make you funny."

"You look ravishing," he tries again and she stops him again.

"Don't. I know why you're here. A hybrid out to make more hybrids? That kind of news travels," she tells him.

"So what am I doing wrong? I broke the curse," he says. Gloria tells him that they need to contact Esther to find out what happened and since she's dead, Gloria tells him to bring her Rebekah. Klaus opens Rebekah's coffin and feels a presence beside him.