Chapter 11- The Ties That Bind

3rd Person P.O.V.

A week and a day after Caroline's birthday fiasco, many things happen. First, Bonnie figures out that to open the coffin, she needs to find her mother that left her. She goes to Jessica, who, after getting kidnapped, decided she needed to get over herself and just decide to hate Damon silently, or if he tried talking to her, very loudly until he got the idea. Jessica tells her that when they were kids, Mikael came after Elena to use as bait for Klaus, and Abby left to desiccate him but never came back so to look near Charlotte.

On the 18th of October, Damon, more like Liz, got a hit on an Abby Bennett Wilson. Bonnie confirms her to be her mother and Elena offers to go with her to meet her. They are about halfway there when they remember it's Jessica's 18th birthday. They call Caroline, who tells them to just go and she'd handle Jessica and the pair agreed.

Caroline, however, was not having any luck with getting Jessica to leave her mansion. After waking up at Caroline's house the day after she was kidnapped, missing the present Klaus had left her bestie on the nightstand, Jessica had headed to the Gilbert house to say goodbye to her little brother, who was happy she had come out of her house and obviously showered, as he joked.

Jessica learned that day that they had converted the guest room that Jenna used to sleep in, before their parents died, into a room for Meredith after they found out she wasn't Jessica. Since then, Jessica had been staying there to appease a worried Ric and Jenna, who had come home after hearing that Jessica hadn't been seen or heard from in a week. Jenna had left the previous day after getting permission from Ric to move on with a nice guy that had asked her out from her psychology class.

Everything was going back to normal, which is why Caroline was so shocked when she showed up at the Gilbert house to find Jessica gone. She drove to her mansion and saw her car, making it all the way to the door before remembering what day it was and, suddenly, it all made sense. Jessica's 17th birthday had been filled with gifts from Klaus that Jessica wasn't expecting and this year, Klaus was one of the last people she wanted to see. To ensure Jessica wouldn't see Klaus, she went to the one place nobody could enter, where she could ignore everyone, the very mansion he bought for her.

After around 2 hours of Caroline trying to get Jessica to come out, other people began to arrive to wish her a happy birthday. By hour three, the porch was getting a bit crowded with Caroline, Meredith, Alaric, Damon, and Klaus all waiting for Jessica to come outside. Finally, Caroline gets a text from Jessica, which Damon reads aloud after snatching her phone. "Caroline, get off my porch and take everyone with you. I let you do whatever you wanted on your birthday and for my birthday I want to be alone while I watch The Perks of Being a Wallflower on Netflix but I have to keep rewinding it because you guys can't seem to take a hint. Now leave before necks start breaking," he finishes, handing the phone back to Caroline.

"Well, I'm going to go and since I'm the only that can actually enter, I think you guys should follow," Care suggests but nobody listens. Caroline begins driving home, but when she passes the Gilbert house, she sees a boy standing on their porch so she quickly backs up, as nobody is on the street, and rolls down her window. "If you're looking for the Gilberts or Mr. Saltzman, they aren't home," she tells him and he walks off the porch and to her car, allowing her to recognize him when she sees his face.

"It's Caroline, right? It's nice to meet you in person. I'm Jessica's friend Sean," he introduces himself.

"Yeah, it's Caroline and don't you live in New Orleans?" She questions, confused.

He laughs. "Yeah, but Jessica has a few friends there and I volunteered to bring her birthday gifts. You wouldn't happen to know where she is, would you?" He wonders, making Caroline sigh.