Part 1: opening

I woke up ‪at 6am‬, it was a ‪Saturday morning‬. I got out of bed, showered and got into my uniform. After slipping my shoes on I walked downstairs.

"Good morning Sadie" my mom said as she finished making breakfast.

"good morning mom, i'm going to work overtime again, i won't be home ‪till around 5:30‬"

I work at a diner on the weekends and days I don't have school, Ever since my father died of cancer I've been helping out my mom with paying the bills.

"You shouldn't be working so hard, you should be going out with friends" my mom said as she grabbed her keys off the table.

"I know mom but I like keeping my self busy yk" I responded.

"This better not be about you helping with the bills again, I told you I have all that under control"

"It's not!"

"Mhm okay, I have to go. I'll be home before you so I'll have dinner ready".

"Okay thanks mom". I hugged her goodbye and she left. I finished getting ready and I headed to the diner. It was a normal day, it wasn't busy. There was a carnival and today was the last day it would be in town so there were more teens in and out the diner than usual. I was cleaning some tables when I heard a group of loud girls walk in. I turned and it was my friends.

There are three of them. Lauren, Emma and Marissa. We've been friends since elementary school.

They sat down at a booth and I walked over to them.
"Hey guys! what are you doing here?" I asked while pouring them some water.

"We came to pick you up?" Lauren said.

"What do you mean?"

"Its the last day of the carnival, you have to come!" Marissa said.

" sorry, but i have to work" i handed them the menus.

"When is your shift over? Maybe we can go when you're done working" lauren insisted.

"Fine, i get out ‪at 5:30‬,  pick me up at my house at 6".

I took their orders and returned to cleaning the tables. I checked the time and saw it was close to my break so I went in the back and took off my apron. I sat down with my friends and started to eat off their plates and talk. We hung out for about 15 minutes until my break was over. They paid the bill and said their goodbyes. I looked at the bill and saw they didn't tip me.
"What no tip whores?" i hollered at them as they were leaving.
Lauren turned around and smiled,

"Im paying for your carnival ticket tonight! That's your tip".

I flipped her off but made sure to make it discrete so i wont get in trouble. As soon as they walked out a group of boys walked in.

(It's my first book🙈 ahhhhh omfg!! Anyways if you found this trash ass book please stick around🥺💕)