Part 39- Graduation👩‍🎓

"I can't believe my baby is graduating" my mom cried as she helped pin the cap on my head.

"Mom calm down, I'm not leaving till august" I said wiping her tear away.

"I don't want you to leave" she hugged me.

"I don't want to leave you either, but I'm growing up"

"I know" she squeezed harder.

"Mom you're gonna mess up my curls" I gasped for air. She let got and cupped my face.

"I love you" she whispered.

"I love you too"

She left so she can get herself ready. I walked over to my freshly pressed gown and sash. I had a total of 4 cords and a top 10 medal.

"Wish you could be here to see me walk across that stage dad" I sighed. My phone started ringing.

Incoming call from 💍Lauren💕

*call audio**

Lauren: today's the day!
Sadie: I'm so excited
Lauren: we finally get to leave that shit hole
Sadie: right, are you don't getting ready?
Lauren: yea, I'm just chilling in my room.
Sadie: me too, I'm just waiting for my mom to get ready.
Lauren: what time are you going the ceremony?
Sadie: In 2 hours, I'm taking pictures first
Lauren: Okay, let's meet up at the front?
Sadie: sure, tell the rest
Lauren: I will, I have to go, my mom needs help.
Sadie: okay bye, see you later
Lauren: Bye

*call ends**

***

"Ready?" Mom yelled. I slipped my heels on and ran down the stairs trying my hardest not to fall.

"Yes!" I smiled. We took a quit photo shoot just me and her in the backyard and got in the car.

We arrived at the front gates that were decorated by balloons. Lauren and the rest were standing and talking.

"Guys!" I yelled running over to them.

"Look at you with your cords and everything, smart ass" kairi laughed.

"You look good" Mattia smirked and hugged me.

"Payback" Mattia said pulling me to the side.

"What are you talking about-"

I was now standing in front of Mattia's family.

"Mom, dad this is Sadie. My girlfriend" he said. His mother embraced me in a hug and smiled.

"Hello, it's so nice to meet you" I said.

"You too sweetheart, Mattia talks about you nonstop" she replied. I looked over at Mattia and nudged his shoulder. He was red.

"Beautiful and smart" his dad said pointing to my cords. "Good job with this one matti"

"Okay that enough, we have to go check in. See you later mama, papa" Mattia said pushing me away. I waved at them one more time.

"That wasn't bad at all, your parents seem sweet" I laughed

"Whatever you'll meet them later properly" he said. We walked over to the check in area and got separated into our assigned groups. I wasn't placed near anyone I really knew. Emma was a couple rows ahead of me and we could quietly communicate while we waited for the ceremony to start.

***

"Alright ladies and gentlemen, let's starts the ceremony. On behalf of the facility and all our graduates, thank you friends and family for coming out to see these young men and women receiving their high school diplomas..."