Part 40- summer jobs and plans

It's been a couple weeks since graduation and I've spent it working at the diner. My shifts have gotten longer and the tips got bigger. I convinced the girls to get jobs too, although they took the easy route and babysit.

I was waiting for my shift to end because the group was going to have a pool hangout at Emma's house. turns out she made good on her promise of asking her dad to build a pool.

"Donna, I'm out!" I yelled across the diner.

"take care sweetie, see you tomorrow"

"you too" I smiled. I walked out and sat in my car turning the AC on full blast.

  👻🤖Goons✨🤙

Sadie: omw!
Emma: just come in, we are in the back
Sadie: okay but i need to change first
Emma: use the guest bath, yk where it is:)
sadie:okay
Matiia: hurry up :(
saide: I will 🥺

I drove to Emma's house pulling into her driveway. Walking myself into her house since they are basically my family I changed into my bathing suit and wiped the sweat and grime off me using a baby wipe.

"I'm here bitches!" I yelled walking out to the backyard.

"Sadie!" kairi ran, hugging me. He shook his head like a dog, getting me wet.

"Alright that's enough," Mattia said, pulling me away from him.
"you look good," he smirked.

"I know," I said, wrapping my arms around him. He picked me up, pressing me against his cold wet body. then he ran towards the pool still holding on to me.

"ale move" he yelled, taking off from the floor. next thing i knew i was underwater. i came back up feeling instantly cooled down.

"emma! This pool is so cool" i said, admiring the structure. there was a huge rock ledge to jump off of and a diving board.

"thanks my dad got some high class contractors and they built it super fast," she smiled. Alejandro climbed up to the rocks and jumped down slashing us all with water.

"wanna race?" kairi asked.

"kai? any of us can beat you with your little leprechaun legs" mattia laughed. Kairi frowned and charged at him.

"Fuck you bitch" kairi yelled shoving mattia underwater. they started water wrestling surprisingly kai was able to hold up a good fight. Lauren and I sat on the stairs looking over everyone messing around.

"I missed this," I said.

"Me too, work has been so hard" she whined. I laughed and took a sip of her drink.

"you kids want pizza?" Emma's mom yelled.

"Yes mam!" kairi responded.

***

thirty minutes later Emma's mom walked out with three boxes of pizza and placed it on the table under the sunshield. we got out of the pool and sat down.

"we have to make more plans, we've all been busy so far. haven't been able to hang out much" ale said picking up a slice.

"we have to do something for sadie's birthday!" Lauren said.

"we should go to the beach!" Emma said.

"Wait!" Mattia yelled. Everyone stopped and looked at him.
"Sadie's birthday? when"

"It's towards the end of summer, not a big deal" I shrugged.

"not a big deal? we have to celebrate my baby's birthday" he hugged me.