Part 5- the church nursey

I woke up ‪at 7:30‬ and went downstairs to my mom making breakfast.
"Good morning mom," I said

"Good morning, " she replied.

"Mom about last night I'm sorry- "

"It's okay! I get it you worked all day and wanted to have fun with your friends, you got home safe and that's all that matters" she said. " Go get ready we are leaving soon" she added. I went back to my room and got dressed. I looked at my phone and saw a text from Mattia.

             Mattia P.
mattia: good morning water girl:)
sadie: good morning
mattia: wyd
saide: getting ready for church
mattia: i used to go to church but it's so boring so i stopped going
sadie: i don't go for the preaching, i work at the nursery
mattia: that's cool
saide: yea, i'm kinda obsessed with babies
mattia: if you want i'll give you one, just come over😉
sadie: yea, no
mattia: whatever you'll change your mind, just watch. only a matter of time
sadie: mhm, love to prove you wrong, anyways i have to go:( ttyl
mattia: okay, have fun changing diapers<3

I finished getting ready and left for church. I walked into the nursery area and sat down at the check in desk. A girl walked in with her little brother.
"hello, I'm here to drop off my little brother" she said.

"ofc! can i have a name from the check in" i asked.

"His name is Miles and I'm Cynthia Parker," she said. I took miles by his hand and took him to the play area when I returned to the desk and Cynthia was still standing there. she looked at me for a while.
"you okay there?" I questioned.

"You look really familiar...i feel like i've seen you before" she stood there looking at me up and down. "oh i know!! you were at the carnival yesterday...making love eyes at my boyfriend".

I looked up to see her smirking, " what are you talking about?"

"mattia? the tall handsome boy you were with? yea he's my boyfriend". She walked up to me, grabbed into my wrist and started twisting my arm. " i don't want you to be near him again, he doesn't like you, he was just bored because I wasn't there"

"let go of me" i said, pulling my wrist out of her grip. "get out, you shouldnt be acting this way in a nursery let alone a church" i demanded. We stood there looking at each other until her phone started to ring. she looked at it, smiled and showed me the screen.

             In coming call.. Mattia Polibio<3

"you're a fool for thinking he would ever like a pathetic girl like you, anyways i have to go and answer this, bye! " she turned around and answered. "Hey baby, what's up?" she said walking out of the nursery hall.

After she left I walked back to the play area and picked up a baby. Little kids always made me happy for some reason.

***
When church ended I clocked out and walked outside to the car.
"How was the nursery?" My mom asked.

"It was okay" I replied.

"You sure you look upset" my mom said.

"Oh it's nothing, I'm just tired" I replied. Once we arrived home I went to my room and layed down. I looked at my wrist and saw the red bracelet from there carnival and thought about the good time I had with Mattia. Idk why I was so upset, we literally just hung out once. Ig it's cuz I get attached too easily. Then I got a text message.

  Mattia P.
Mattia: hey:)
Sadie: hi
Mattia: you off work?
Sadie: yea
Mattia: wanna hang out?
Sadie: no I can't I have to help my mom with something
Mattia: okay:( maybe some other day then

I threw my phone on the bed. Idk what bothered me most the fact that he lied to me about having a girlfriend or that I actually maybe had feelings for him.
"Hey Sadie I need you to pick up my pants suit from the cleaners!" My mom screamed.

I groaned as I climbed out of bed and grabbed my keys. I'll just be in and out so I can go back to the comfort of my bed. I got to the cleaners and waited in line. While standing I felt a tap on my back.
"Hey Sadie" I herd. I turned around and saw Mattia.

"Oh hi"

"ironic seeing you at the cleaners" he joked.

"Yea" I said. I didn't look at him in the eye. I tired to make myself look as if I was too busy to give him any attention.

"you good?" He asked.

" yes" I said. Then the woman handed me the pants suit. I was about to walk out when Mattia stopped me.

"do you want to go with me next door to get a coffee or something?" He asked.

"I can't, I'm busy"

"It won't take long, please" he pleaded.

"Fine but make it quick". I walked over to me car and put the clothes in. We walked into the shop and ordered our drinks. We sat down at the table and stared talking.

"So when can we hang out?" He asked.

"I don't think we can hang out anymore"

"Why? And what's wrong? I can tell you're upset"

"Idk maybe is the fact that your girlfriend came to my nursery this morning and harassed me for hanging out with you" I said.

"What girlfriend? I don't have one" He replied.

"well she said she was your girlfriend and then you called her" I said.

He instantly knew who I was talking about.
"oh your talking about Cynthia, she's not my girlfriend. She's my ex" he explained.

"Oh" I said

"Yea...I'm not dating her. We stopped dating a long time ago" he said."thats why you were upset? Why? you got a crush on my or something?" He smiled. I could feel my face turn red. I hesitated to say anything.

"What!! Pff...no..no..I don't like you". He stood there smirking at me.

"Yea sure okay"

"Umm I better get going" I said standing up.
He got up too and we walked to my car. It got in and waved goodbye. He waved back and smiled at me. Idk what it is about that smile but it gave me butterflies in my stomach. I drove all he way home thinking over what happened at work today with Cynthia. I didn't know whether to believe mattia or not. One thing I knew was that I hated Cynthia for what she did to me. I arrived home and spent the rest of the day in my room.

I FaceTimed Lauren and told her all about what happened with Mattia, tho I feel asleep halfway through the story.