Tears pricked her eyes as she stared at the rows of gleaming jewellery, all placed and lined up like an army of metal and gems. Yuna held her head straight and poised, as she stalked up to the counter, one of her father's pawns scrambling behind her, sweating. Abruptly stopping in front of a certain glass-covered pedestal, Yuna bent down to examine its contents, the heavy necklace hanging on for dear life on her neck swinging like a pendulum. She snapped her fingers sharply, and her father's employee shot towards the nearest helper of the jewellery store. She clicked her tongue at the employee of her father's as he took his place behind her once more, and gestured to the helper to open the glass casing. A key was produced, and the glass case opened with a satisfying click. She leaned towards the jewellery like she was a predator and the jewellery was her prey. With a pale slim finger, she pointed at a simple gold ring. "I want that," She spoke haughtily, and the helper paled, stuttering, "I'm...I'm afraid there's only that piece left, and we need it to-" Yuna's eyes flicked angrily to meet the eyes of the helper. "I said, I want that," She repeated, her angry eye contact never wavering, yet her voice cool and composed. The helper began to protest. "I'm so sorry-" Then, Yuna's eyes, a rich dark brown, gleamed with a gold sheen, and the helper's eyes glossed over, before she regained her composure, and spoke in a monotonous voice, "I will get it for you." Soon, the ring was paid for and Yuna sauntered out of the shop, not bothering to wait for the man behind her. She fished her shiny handphone from her branded bag and selected a contact number, her new ring glittering on her pinky finger. "Oh, Kai, you won't believe what I just got."

-

I feel like there's a thousand sunsets in my veins