Epilogue:

Taehyun closed his eyes as he savoured the gentle evening wind as she strolled through the mildly busy town. The human world looked so untouched, after a mass cleanup of the terrible storm's damage, which puzzled a vast majority of the population, how did a storm somehow uproot the entire piping system of the sports arena? But other than that, everything looked...well...normal. People bustled the streets and flocked to the malls, the sky was still the same sweet pastel blue, the birds still sang the same tune.

Taehyun managed to have a simple, quiet life. He managed to rent an apartment, went to school, owned a pet, had a part-time job, working in a flower shop. (The owner laughed and admired the fact that Taehyun seemed to have a magic touch with the plants, they never wilted under his care and the flowers bloomed vibrant and sweet. Everyone joked that he must have some gift, which Taehyun would just laugh and nod.)

-

Taehyun arrived back at his studio apartment, and did a double take when he saw Yoongi sitting on his sofa. The older smiled, "The first time I talked to you I sent a ball of light, so I figured maybe this would be a better sight." Taehyun mirrored the smile and took a few steps forward, "Oh, yeah, hey."

"How are you? I think you're doing pretty good, Namjoon just wanted me to check on you."

"Did you do so for all the gifteds?"

"Nope, just you."

"Then it wasn't Namjoon who asked, right? It was my...friends."

A gentle nod, "Yes. The rest that are still at the base. We've relocated and upsized, so now it's more comfortable and feels almost the same as the last time."

They spent a while in silence, Taehyun staring down at his hands and Yoongi blinking at the resident cat that Taehyun has. Finally Yoongi spoke, "If you ever want to, Yeji and Chaeryeong live nearby, and Kai is planning to go to the same school as you."

Taehyun's head jerked up, "Really?"

Yoongi gave another smile, "I'll write down the address for you. Or would you prefer a notebook? Hang on, lemme just-"

A bright flash filled Taehyun's vision. This time, he didn't feel panic, nor did he run.

"Cause I promise you, it's going to be okay."

-end-