七十五

"I have a proposal," Jisu announced after she managed to round the ten of them together, "You guys can choose where you want to go, but for now, just for one day, let's..." She sucked in a deep breath, "Let's go out for one last mission. Together."
"I thought you hated the word mission," Kai said, but could not help a small smile.
"That's a great idea," Chaeryeong replied with a beam.
"All in?" Yeji's eyes ran over the circle they had formed.
With ten nods, it was certain-they may part ways, but for now, they are going to savour a little bit of time with one another.
-
With a little help from Jeongguk and other magic-related gifts, Yoongi managed to piece together a holographic projection of a map of the surrounding areas, where tiny yellow dots traveled across, some in large groups, some solo or with two and threes. "Your mission is to find as many as possible, I guess," the tired-looking leader said, "Some may be hostile, depending on who are with the humans or against them."
"Cool, so, the usual," Yeonjun said easily.
Yoongi wrinkled his nose, "The usual."
-
"This is fun," Yuna chirped, "All the ten of us together."
They were gathered outside the cave, the usually sunny sky greyish and the air a lot cooler and damper than usual. Yeji shielded her eyes from the weak sun as she observed the cloudy horizon, then asked, "So, where should we start?"
"Let's start by walking straight ahead," Soobin suggested, "When in doubt, just walked straight."
"Such wise words," Ryujin chortled, but they followed his advice.
The constant rustling of the trees made some of them jump, the slightest sound making them tense. When they did so simultaneously, they loosened up and laughed it off. "We're gonna have trauma after this," Beomgyu said gently, "After all the kidnapping and shooting and humans."
"Yeah," Jisu quickly jumped in, "So wouldn't it be safer to stay?"
Yeji elbowed the very-obvious Jisu, and added, "But do whatever makes you happy. Comfortable. Safe."
"Sure," Beomgyu nodded absently, "Yeah."
A twig snapped somewhere among the bushes, making them come back to the present. The ten warily surveyed the area, suddenly very aware that they could be cornered from all directions, thanks to the ring that they were standing in.
"This is probably a bad time to suggest we split up, right?" Yuna squeaked out. "Yep," Taehyun softly muttered. "Don't panic, we can handle this," Ryujin said, but her voice shook slightly. "Ten most powerful gifteds in the world," Beomgyu softly muttered sarcastically.
"If you're in there, come out peacefully and we won't hurt you," Yeonjun said steadily.
"Maybe," Yeji added.

AN: Hey guys. I'm kinda having a writer's block with this book, and I can't seem to be able write anything. So i'm ending the chapter here. I'm also putting through the looking glass on hold (if you haven't already noticed), because all my mind can think of is another book i have half written (i'm actually almost done with that). I am grateful for all your support and am thankful that you guys have stayed with me throughout this entire book.