四十四

A blanket of silence seemed to heavily quilt the sea of houses, no movement or noise wrinkling through. Gentle breeze wove around in ribbons, carrying small butterflies and floating dandelion seeds. Some gifted were already awake, softly opening windows and admiring the peace. It was heavily broken when the ten bustled out, yawning and chatting as they made their way to the dining hall, the only other place they knew they could go.

Hoseok was seated at a table, a perfect patch of sunlight streaming onto the surface. He twisted his fingers and the light snaked around them, as if alive. His face lit up (literally) when he saw them, flicking his fingers and his little beam of light fusing back to how it was naturally. "Good morning," He chirped, "You guys okay?"

"Why wouldn't we be?" Kai breathed. Then they all remembered what Yuna said, their spirits dipping slightly. Hoseok waved his hand around, "It's fine. We'll be fine. But there's something coming up, maybe, and we're still trying to figure it out."

"How are you so relaxed?" Taehyun asked, amazed, as Hoseok formed a doughnut-shaped ball of light. He shrugged, "What's there not to be happy about?"

A moment of awkward silence.

"Oh! Namjoon's there, he probably wants to see you too!" Hoseok beamed, and with that he bounced off to where the other leaders stood, looking stoic and serious.

Namjoon's eyebrows were furrowed tightly as Jeongguk spoke to the other six in a hushed hurried tone. The leader nodded, his shoulders tensed and lifted his head, breaking into a light smile when he saw the group."Hey, you ten, we need to talk."

-

It took the leader a long time to gather his thoughts, the ten awkwardly standing or sitting in the main dining hall as the other leaders fanned out around them.

"In the prophecy," Namjoon started, "Do you guys remember how it said 'Found and the world may see tomorrow'?"

They all nodded. "Of course," Taehyun said, "I had it memorized."

A faint smile appeared on Namjoon's face. "Well, it seems like it wasn't just for fun. It means you guys really will have to determine the fate of the world."

Silence.

Then,

"What gives?" Kai asked.

Namjoon sighed (all they do is sigh here), "The government has discovered a gifted, with an extraordinary power. And they plan to use that child and his or her power, for the war, which, if you were wondering, has been announced yesterday."

Jisu's hands flew to her mouth, everyone looking grim.

"So we need to save this child?" Soobin asked, "That doesn't seem too hard."

"Yeah," Namjoon said, "Except we have no idea where the kid is. He could be in America, for all we know."

"We find the kid, easy, right?" Beomgyu said nervously.

Namjoon moistened his lips, "And there's something else that's gonna happen. Something that Jeongguk is struggling to predict, but he knows it's bad."

Tense silence filled the gaps of time, then Namjoon heaved a sigh and put his hands together, "Have a rest. I'm no Jeongguk, but I have a feeling something is going to happen soon, and I pray I'm wrong."