二十三

Dinner had been purchased from a supermarket nearby, cold sandwiches, which they scoffed down like hungry animals. Then they trudged into the depths of the forest, and Taehyun teleported them through the woods. Yeonjun and Yeji had staggered up, but Kai, Yuna and Jisu had almost gotten used to it. Then it was just like that night again, Taehyun passing out ungraciously on the floor. "Where are we?" Yeji asked meekly. "Probably just a kilometre away from where we were? Not very far, the next person is someone here-" Taehyun had managed to mumble out quite a lot before completely falling asleep. Jisu sighed. "He's wrong. It's not one person, there are two," She informed the others. "How do you know?" Yuna asked curiously. "Read the book." They fanned out in front of the sleeping beauty, each one taking a turn to scan through the book. "Our handwriting is in here," Yeonjun remarked. "Creepy," Kai agreed. "There's a description of our abilities here," Yeji said with faint interest. "I don't even know what my abilities are," She muttered as she buried her nose into the book, as if trying to absorb the knowledge. Yeonjun couldn't suppress a small smile at her cute antics. "I need to learn how to control my ability. Then I'm gonna go home," Yeji said with determination. Yeonjun's smile faded. "You have to come with us, there is a place where we can-" "-be safe?" Yeji interrupted, "I do have a place where I am safe-my home. I'll stay there, and if I can control my powers, I'll be fine." Kai scoffed, "They'll test you, you know-" Yeji's face drained of colour, "Like... like a blood test?" A serious nod from Kai. Yeji bit her lip, "My mom made me 'donate blood' yesterday." Kai whistled helpfully, "Oh man, the test can be finished in roughly a week, you sure you-" "Shut up Kai," Everyone echoed.

"How do they even test?" Yuna asked curiously.

Yeonjun shifted his weight, "They say our blood has some sort of chemical they found, that reacts rather violently with certain organic chemicals." "And the more powerful, the worse the reaction," Jisu put in.

Kai held his hands up, "Wait, so you're telling me that our blood is explosive."

"Not exactly, it's actually-"

"So if I mix my blood with some stuff I could make a bomb?"

Jisu rubbed her temples, "Dear lord."

"Would you like to?" Yuna asked curiously.

"Please don't."

"I'm gonna make a mental note."

"Do you even know any organic chemicals?"

"Do you?"

"That's not the point."