十四

The arena was found easily enough, it was the flitting through the crowds to avoid detection that was tough, especially since Yuna attracted so much attention with clinking jewellery and noticeable clothes. (Her shirt was still stained) Whispers drifted from the surrounding people, which worried Taehyun, but they couldn't do anything about that. Entering was no problem, Yuna flashed a smile at the security and they breezed past easily. "What's your thing again?" Taehyun muttered to her, and she replied with, "Tell me yours first."

Then-

"Kai!" Yuna waved at a tall boy, dressed in sportswear, sweat trickling off his neck and bangs sticking to his forehead. The boy grinned at her, then eyed the other two. "Oh, that's Taehyun and Jisu, they know about your thing-" Yuna's eyes dropped to his knee, where a trail of blood dripped. "Kai! You stupid- You need to-" Kai swiped it away hastily. "You told them?" He uttered softly. "No, we figured it out," Taehyun said. Kai stepped away cautiously. "Are you from the government?" The boy asked carefully, his eyes flicking to the nearest available exit. "We're like you," Jisu steps forward, making Kai laugh nervously. "That's what the last one said," Kai started to edge away, looking at Yuna with pleading eyes. "Kai," Taehyun whispered, "We are like you." He raised a finger, letting a spark of fire dance across his hand. "A normal magician could do that," Kai retorted. Sighing, Taehyun extinguished his flame. "You're being really stubborn. Fine, if you insist," He held his hand before him, and his fingernail elongated, and much to the discomfort of the other three, curled into a simple daffodil stalk. "That is seriously gross," Yuna remarks. Jisu's ears pricked as she heard drifted words from a certain conversation. "Guys the security are coming towards us, we need to go," She said urgently. Yuna grasped Kai's hand. "Come with us," She urged. "You trust them?" Kai sounded dumbstruck, "You don't even know where they want to take you." Taehyun tossed his head, "Heck, I don't even know where to go." "Guys," Jisu reminded.

"We need you to follow us, you three," A plump stout security guard approached them, his expression neutral but his body language tense. "And Miss Shin Yuna, your father is waiting outside." Yuna turns to the other three desperately. "I can't go back," She pleads, "He's gonna be so mad-" "I can fly us out of here, maybe," Jisu muttered. "Sir, I'm gonna need you-" Kai clenched his eyes and then-

Everyone in a three metre radius was knocked down as Kai flexed a pair of six feet wide white feather wings. Yuna extended her arm like she had done this many times, Kai grabbed her and then he surged up, breaking a window and startling the many birds outside as he did so.

"Well, I suppose I could-" Taehyun started. Tendrils of plants began to curl from his shoe sole.

"This isn't a competition-"

"We need to go."

"That I agree with."

"Brace yourself."

"What?"

And then the floor exploded.