三十四

The town was rather busy, which would provide them with good cover, but would also provide a wonderful stampede, should that occur. The bustling market drew many crowds, and the four squeezed through the sea of sweaty people as they examined the food.

"How much money does Yuna have?" Kai wondered out loud as he counted the thick wad of bills Yuna had handed to him a while ago.

"Well apparently enough to take care of us."

They bought their food without a hitch until they tried to leave.

A group of armed men were walking towards them, their expressions threatening and uninviting.

"Don't hurt them."

"Then what suggestions do you have? Should we sit down for tea and chat?"

"Okay, only hurt them if they hurt us."

"Sure."

The first soldier scowled at the four. "Identification?"

Their stomachs simultaneously turned cold.

"We didn't bring it with us."

A second soldier frowned. "Hey, that boy kinda looks like the face on the wanted poster."

Everyone fought back remarks.

Taehyun said, "I think you got the wrong people." at exactly the same time as the soldiers said, "I think we have to bring you in."

"Okay bye."

The winds lifted the four up, the people around gasping and shrieking as Taehyun manipulated the air, speeding them off towards the forest. The soldiers below erupted in swear words, shouting commands and screaming through radios.

"That went well, but at least we have food."

"Can they follow us?"

"Probably not. That crowd had more people than I have brain cells. "

-

The girls were having a slightly more peaceful time. Chaeryeong was scouring the place for the tiniest pieces of glass, and before they knew it she had constructed a thin glass pole the length of her arm. Jisu had unlatched her shoes and set herself on the nearest tree (with her rope, of course). Yuna quietly braided Yeji's hair and Ryujin was scanning the surrounding area for threats.

And that's when the boys came crashing down.

The trees broke their fall, but they did end up landing heavily on their tailbones.

"Sorry but all four of us made it very heavy."

"You could fly just fine with Jisu and her shoes."

Jisu smiled and pushed herself off the tree, hovering next to the branch. "Well, glad you guys are fine, what food do you have?"

-

They were still walking as the sky turned from light blue to pastel pink. The view of the sunset wasn't very clear, due to the trees that obstructed their vision, but it still was pretty to see the tinted sky. They stopped to rest when the sky was inky black, the stars beaming with small smiles at them.

-

I would like to buy the brightest star you have

-

Then the humans attacked at dawn.

Yuna awoke and found herself in the middle of a battle zone. Two approaching helicopters weaved through the trees, armed men hanging from the doors. Shiny bullets (yes, more bullets) whizzed by, some finding their target. And there was someone else-another gifted, by the look of it. A fire user, who lurked up at the trees and attacked at random. Flames arced in a semicircle towards them, which Taehyun extinguished with a jet of water. Taehyun sent streams and streams of water and earth towards the trees where the gifted enemy swung from but missed; that gifted sure was agile. The smell of singed plants wafted through Yuna's nose, making her gag and cough, which just reminded her of how useless she was in combat. Chaeryeong scooped up a rock and flung it against the windows of the first helicopter.