五十八

And the second group was Yeonjun, Soobin, Beomgyu, Chaeryeong and Jisu. As they wandered aimlessly through the dozens of identical hallways, Jisu suddenly stopped and turned in the direction of the sound of crackling static.

"What's that?"

"I-I don't think it's important-"

But Jisu broke from their group, dashing off in the direction.

"Should we go after her-"

Chaeryeong barely blinked as she took off after her.
"Let's go," Yeonjun sighed.

An empty room, the door ajar, was where Jisu had stopped at. All that occupied the room was a large flat screen, looking like it was projecting live, flickering and grey-scaled. A small boy was in a room, blinking fearlessly at the people that fluttered around him like butterflies, taking his temperature and strapping on weird handcuff-like items on him, the wires entangling towards machines.

"That must be him," Chaeryeong breathed.

"We need to help him," Jisu said.

The people around him scattered, the cuffs around his wrists tightening and he let out a blood curdling scream. The machines hissed and vibrated like sleeping beasts, the ground shaking so hard the boy was being thrown off the chair, then it stopped. All silent. And the boy was limp and unmoving.

"Is that the boy?" Soobin frowned.

"It's a tad suspicious," Beomgyu added.

"He's literally being sucked off his power," Chaeryeong shot at them. "We need to help him," Jisu repeated.

A tense pause.

Yeonjun let out a lengthy sigh yet again, "Fine."

-

The room was incredibly difficult to find.

"I'm pretty sure it's here," Jisu whispered in concentration.

"That is exactly what you said just now," Soobin pointed out.

"We have passed this room five times," Beomgyu announced.

"It's not the same room-"

"It's the same room."

At that moment, voices began carrying towards them, the five immediately stiffening, but they relaxed as they saw Taehyun walking up to them, followed by the other four.

"Hey," Yeonjun greeted easily, as if they were not in an enemy's base, surrounded by many dangerous people.

"Hey," Yeji shot back, "But enough about that, what's your progress?"

"Where the kid?"

"Oh, Jimin got him."

"Oh, okay-What?"

"Nevermind that, he's safe, he's fine, let's focus on the next problem."

"Sure, where's the next kid?" Yuna asked, blowing her loose strands of hair away from her face.

"Well," Soobin started, "Jisu insists she knows the way, but we have walked past this room five times and we still can't find it."

"How do you even know where he is?"

"We saw a video," Jisu cut in, "I'm sure he's the one."

"How about this weird creepy entrance that is suspiciously concealed in a wall?" Ryujin suggested.

Kai grinned, "That's perfect."

AN: Hey guys, this is vi. I'll be going on hiatus for a while, roughly six weeks, to focus on my exams and studies, i probably won't be able to update, and i will not focus on doing that for the time being. I hope you will wait for me, thank you for all your support!