十七

"So, what's this whole thing about?" Kai asked curiously.

Yuna perked up. "Yeah, what's this about?"

Taehyun sighs, "I need to find these six other people, people like us."

"Ah," Kai nods sagely.

Jisu and Yuna look at him quizzically.

Kai explained, "About three weeks ago, my parents, who work in the government, heard of this...mutation? And this mutation gives people who are born with it-kids to be precise-powers, abilities, supernatural ones. The government freaked out, 'cause firstly people like that are running around without anyone stopping them and secondly, these powers could help a lot, if and when a war ever comes." "Which there is, given how the countries are going-" Jisu made an exploding gesture with her fingers. '"Yep, so the government was like 'we need to find these people and round them up so they can fight for us', except that when they did find those people they were like 'hahaha, nope'. So the government's kinda pissed, so they want to use force now. They first tested all the government worker's kids, 'cause maybe if their parents work for them they'll be more willing? So anyways I got tested and it was positive, then my parents freaked, so the government was like 'you gonna help us?' and I was kinda scared so I was like 'okay'. So since I'm willing to not be a threat and work with them they're cool with me, except for the fact that-"

"-you just blew your chance?" Taehyun guessed. Kai's excitement seemed to deflate away from him. "Yeah, which actually means we should not go to my flat."

"Why?" Yuna said cluelessly. Pursing her lips, Jisu said, "Because they know that's the only place he can go. And he probably would be there."

"So we run away," Kai said, "Easy right? Just find these people. Wait, and do what?"

Jisu sucked in a deep breath. "I had a dream about this, I think we can find an island, or some sort of hideout, a sanctuary for people like us."

"That, would be amazing," Yuna gushed.

Everyone nods in agreement. "Well then, let's go. Where's the nearest forest slash park?" Taehyun asked.