十三

The trio rushed out of the mall, and Taehyun extracted the book and noticed how the spine was now adorned with two coloured gems, nestled among the black ones. "What's that?" Yuna tried to snatch the book but Taehyun yanked it out of reach. The younger wrinkled her nose in annoyance, which the other two politely ignore. "Who's next?" Jisu said hurriedly, her eyes darting to every person that walked past them; paranoid. "Five, a shape-shifter, I reckon," Taehyun flips through the pages. Yuna sniffed. "Could you please-" Jisu started, but Yuna flicked her eyes angrily to her. "I can help!" She insisted, "But I still don't know who you are and what you can do!" She stopped and stomped her foot like a spoilt child. Jisu took a deep slow breath, "We can't show you what we can do, in the middle of a busy city where we would freak out the majority of the population." "Besides," Taehyun added, "Why do you need to know?" Yuna scoffed slightly, "'Cause my friend is like me, in fact, he's a shifter, but he trusted me with that secret, so I need to know if you're government officials-" "Hold on, first of all, you know who he is?" "And why government officials-" Yuna smirked in triumph, "See, I can help! Now tell me what you can do, and I'll bring you to see him." Jisu forced a smile through clenched teeth, "Okay, where is he?" Yuna smiled a sugary beam, "The basketball arena. He just finished a game."