四十

Yeonjun and Yeji strolled around the place, with Hoseok tagging along as their "guide". When he was asked what's there, he had said, "Oh those are rocks." and when asked what was done here, he had replied, "Oh we do secret stuff there."

"You guys are so small," Hoseok gushed, "So young and fresh and cute."
"You sound like you're gonna eat us."

"Yeonjun, that's weird."

"It's true!" Yeonjun told Yeji, who scoffed lightly.

Hoseok laughed. "So young," He echoed.

No one spoke for a while, awkwardness spreading through the area. A cricket helpfully chirped.

"If you could have another power, what would it be?" Hoseok asked suddenly out of the blue.
"You mean an addition, or a complete change?"

"A complete change," Hoseok said with a grin.

"Well," Yeji started, "I'm quite happy with my power. I mean, it's freaky and weird, but once I get a hang of it, it's fine."

Yeonjun was quiet.

"What about you?"
"Anything," Yeonjun muttered, "Anything else."

Hoseok pondered over that for a moment. "You're power is soul reaping, right?"
"Something like that."

"Hm, that's kinda dark, but when you need it, it would be of great help."
"How? Whenever someone needs help with murder?"

Yeji's hand slipped over and curled gently around Yeonjun's clenched fist.

Hoseok looked saddened, startled, "Is that what you see in your power?"

Yes, Yeonjun wanted to say, yes it is. But instead he kept silent. The leader twined his finger around a stray ray of light, watching it wrap around his finger. "All our gifts are special," Hoseok insisted, "All our gifts have a purpose. Your gift has a purpose. You just haven't found it yet."

-

There was a small pond nestled at the back of the cave, with clear mesmerizing waters swimming with fish. "Wow," Ryujin breathed as she walked up, dipping a finger into the cold water.

"This place is seriously cool," Soobin said.

"Isn't it?" A voice piped up from behind them. Jeongguk and Seokjin stood there, hands tucked into their pockets, looking like brothers.

Seokjin squatted next to the pond and watched the fish. "We even named them," He said proudly, and Jeongguk buried his head in his hands in embarrassment, "Oh my god, you did, we had no part in that."

"You named the fish-"

"How does your power work?" Soobin asked curiously to Jeongguk.

The man shrugged easily, happy to be on a different topic, "There's two things: visions and prophecies. Visions are scenes, images, while prophecies are words and rhymes. Kinda cool but not very good for when you're in the middle of something important."

"Do they just pop up and leave or are you stuck with them for like, hours?" Yuna questioned.

That elicited a laugh from the older, "If I had it for hours I think I'll be stuck in a room without anywhere to go, because they come so frequently. No, it's just for a while, but they do disrupt my daily life."

"That's really cool," Ryujin gushed.

"Hey, some love for me over here?" Seokjin interrupted.

"So narcissistic, you dumb-"

"Finish that sentence and I will murder you in front of them, you wouldn't want that would you?"

Jeongguk closed his mouth.

Chaeryeong folded her hands, "What's your power?"
Seokjin immediately smiled a dashing smirk and said, "Metal manipulation, much like you, glass girl."

Chaeryeong's expression curdled, "I don't appreciate being called that."

Seokjin simply hummed.

Ryujin combed her fingers through her threads, "Why not? That's technically what you are."

"She's got a point."

Chaeryeong produced a glass spike and glared daggers at the other girl.

"Woah," Ryujin backed off slightly, spreading her hands as her threads shimmered.

"Wait, don't fight," Soobin suggested, "Maybe you should-"

"Oh, no, please fight," Seokjin said eagerly.

"What?" Yuna jerked her head to the leader, who shrugged, "You should see the fights between gifteds."

"Oh, no, they are not fighting," Jeongguk said, "There's gonna be a huge mess, and the glass ceiling is new!"

"The ceiling," Chaeryeong said, "That's an idea."

Ryujin's stance tensed, her eyes sharp and fierce, hands at the ready.

"We're not gonna fight, okay?" Yuna said as her gold gleaming eyes darted between the two, watching as they relaxed every so slightly.

"It's nice to watch gifts in motion," Seokjin said with a light exhale as he got up.

"Are you kidding me? They nearly fought!" Soobin argued.

Seokjin smirked, "And the stronger one would have won. Question is, at what cost?"