十八

"Why do we need to go to a park?" Yuna questioned. Taehyun grinned. "I'm a manipulator of the four elements. Kinda like Avatar, I suppose. I connect well with nature, it helps me and stuff." "Cool," is all Yuna remarked. "What do you do?" Kai asked Jisu, who gestured to her shoes. "I manipulate gravity, except I can't really control my own, so I need to be anchored to the ground. I can make you float no problem, I just can't take care of myself." "Oh, hm," Taehyun wondered, "Does everyone have a downside of their ability?" "Definitely," Jisu said, "Or else they would be invincible."

-

"What can you do with nature?" Yuna had pestered Taehyun repeatedly about his power. Taehyun offers them his arm. "This."

He presses his other hand to the nearest tree trunk and they jerk forward until-

"Damn," Kai exclaimed, "Where did you take us?" Taehyun stumbled to the ground. "Dunno," he muttered, "but close to the next guy, number one. Well, I gotta snooze, with great power comes the great need to take a nap. Wake me up later." He collapsed and promptly began snoring. Jisu looked at the others. "Did he just quote Percy Jackson?"

-

Taehyun looked like a tree had swallowed him, bark and roots wove to create a shelter for him as he slept. The other three didn't feel like sleeping much, Yuna because it was 'icky and gross everywhere', Jisu because she felt too jittery, and Kai because he had the need to 'keep watch'. Kai had the 'sudden urge' to light a fire, although Jisu felt like he just wanted to show off. He flicked a spark at a collected pile of leaves and wood, and soon a little camp fire was created. Jisu was playing with rocks, letting them levitate and float, and Yuna would swat at them like a cat. "What does your ability do?" Jisu asked Yuna. The younger looked abashed for the first time, "It's nothing fancy, I just can change the thoughts of people, you know, influence what they think, make them believe in what I want." "Cool," Jisu nods, resuming her rock playing. "Really?" Yuna asked, sounding genuinely surprised, "Just 'cool'? Not freak, or weirdo. Some people think I manipulate their thoughts all the time, and then they don't want to be near me-"

"Hold on, you told other people?"

Yuna nods, "I was tested too, but when they figured out my power they were like 'oh, nothing special'. They wanted things like Kai's shapeshifting, and they would have loved Taehyun's thing, but me?" She shrugs slightly, "All I can do is sit and look pretty, and make people fall at my feet. That's it. Pretty stupid, hm?" She confesses, nestling her chin in her tucked up knees. Jisu shook her head. "I don't think so. I think your power is useful." Yuna pursed her lip, "Hah, but my so-called curse is that I get hypnotised easily. Nothing bad, just for a few hours, but I get hypnotised. That's my power. Being used against me. I just..." She trailed off, then went silent. They don't speak until they three drift off.