Chapter 24

Sage's POV
We were getting off the jet now. This time I was being carried by Niall.

There were many fans screaming and reaching out.

"Please make it stop!" I held onto Niall tightly and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Shh, it's almost over princess," Niall said.

Skip to 15 minutes later.

"Sage, you can open your eyes now," I heard Zayn say.

I then opened them to see all the boys looking at me. I realized we were in a car now.

"Where are we going?" I asked them.

"We are going to the hotel to get situated. Then we are going to go eat somewhere," Liam said.

"So, how long are we going to be here?" I then asked.

"We are going to be here for tonight and tomorrow night. Tomorrow night is our first concert for the tour," Niall answered.

"Okay," I said and then looked out the window.

Chicago is so pretty. It's so much different than Britain. It is also nothing like Kentucky.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Harry asked noticing my curiosity.

"Yes, it is. Very crowded but pretty," I stated.

"You use to live in Kentucky right?" Zayn asked me.

"Yes," I replied.

"What is it like?" Liam asked me.

"Well, it is very Southern like. It has plenty of farms and rural areas. We are known for our fried chicken, bluegrass meaning music, bourbon, and horse racing. The capital city is Frankfort, where I was born," I described to them.

"We notice you have a Southern country accent. Say some stuff you normally wouldn't say," Louis instructed me.

"Okay. Instead of you all we say y'all. Bless your heart to us means that you are wrong. Also for a name to call people is Dumplin," I explained.

"Tell us more," Niall begged me.

"Coke to us is any soda. We say buggy instead of shopping cart. We like our tea with extra ice. When we refer to something that happened two days ago we just say the other day," I told them more.

"Wow, that is so cool. Also we love your Southern accent so never lose it," Harry complimented me.

"Thank you. I miss Kentucky. No offense to Britain but Kentucky is more my home," I stated.

"You told us you and your family moved to Britain. Do you mind me asking how come? You don't have to answer if you don't want to," Liam asked politely.

I then thought for a minute then answered getting a little sad, "it's because my parents were deported there for military stuff."

"Aw Say we are really sorry baby," Harry apologized.

"No it's fine. They had to put me and my brother in foster homes in Britain. We couldn't stay in Kentucky. Since my parents were serving in the military, the government put my brother and me in good foster homes," I explained to them.

"What is your favorite part of Kentucky?" Louis asked me changing the subject.

"Well, I enjoyed our annual Derby. The Derby is a big day of horse racing that takes place on the first Saturday of May. People gamble on horses. Then there is one big race. It's really fun," I described to them.

"That sounds fun," Liam stated.

"I miss Kentucky," I sighed and curled up into a ball.

"Tell you what, we will go on a trip there sometime just for you. We can stay there for a week. Based on what you told us it sounds awesome!" Harry pulled my knees out of my chest and cheered me up.