Chapter 38

Sage's POV
Today is now Thursday. These last two days have been nothing but slow. I hate not being able to talk or sing.

The boys have been helping me get through this. I have taught them some sign language. It has not been easy, but they are improving, and they know some simple things. I even taught them to sign their names.

Right now I am at home with the boys. They told me I should not go to school. I told my friends and they miss me. They said they hope I feel better soon.

I had dance last night and I could not talk to Riley. She thought I was mad at her, but then I texted her what was wrong. She said that she was sorry, and if I ever need anything then she is always here for me.

"Sage, what do you want for breakfast sweetheart?" Harry asked me.

I then signed to him that I want banana slices and toast.

"Okay," he said to me then went to fix them.

"Good morning," the other boys said to me as they joined us in the kitchen.

I signed to them good morning back.

"So, Sage, how do you know sign language so well?" Louis asked me. He then handed me a notebook and pencil so I could write my response.

I wrote to them: when I became mute my brother and I learned sign language so I could communicate to him. That was when I was depressed and he learned just for me. I then showed it to them.

"Oh. You are really good at it," Niall said.

I then signed to him thank you.

"Sage do you want anything to drink?" Zayn asked me.

I then signed to them I want juice. Liam then fixed me a glass of juice and gave it to me.

Let's be honest here, I am miserable. I just want to talk and sing right now. There are some things I can not sign to the boys because they will not understand.

"Sage, are you okay?" Niall asked me.

I shook my head yes.

When I was done eating, I went upstairs, took a quick shower, got dressed, and fed Changa.

When I was done I went back downstairs and to the living room where the boys are.

"Sage, can you teach us more sign language?" Harry asked me.

I shook my head yes.

I tried signing to them hair brush.

"You are brushing your hair out of your eyes?" Louis guessed.

I shook my head no.

I then took a strand of my hair and held it up to them.

"You are pulling your hair out?" Harry guessed.

I shook my head no. This one should be easy. Like come on guys!

I then left and went upstairs and grabbed my hairbrush. I then went back downstairs and held it in front of them.

"Oh, hairbrush. We got it now," Zayn finally guessed it right.

I nodded my head yes.

I then tried signing to them teddy bear. I hugged myself like I was cuddling a bear.

"You are hugging yourself? Niall guessed.

I shook my head no. I then pointed at Liam since he is a teddy bear. Well that is what the boys tell him.

"You want me?" He asked me.

I shook my head no. I then went upstairs again and grabbed my bear and Jasper Bean (the bear Gemma and Anne got me). I then went downstairs and held them in front of them.