Chapter 37

Sage's POV
Today is Tuesday and I have choir right now. I love choir. It is really fun and it gives me something to look forward to on Tuesdays and Thursdays.

The one thing about today is that my voice sounds so congested. It doesn't hurt or anything, but when I sing or talk, it sounds terrible.

"Girls and boys, please listen," Mrs. Joy instructed.

We then all got quiet and paid attention.

"We will be having our first choir concert this Friday night. Everyone needs to show up at 6:15 for warmups. The choir concert will begin at 7:00. It will be held here in the theater. Ladies need to wear a black dress. Gentlemen need to wear a black tuxedo and a white shirt underneath. Any questions?" She explained to us then asked us.

A couple people had questions and she answered them. After that she dismissed us.

"Sage, may I have a moment with you?" She asked me before I could leave.

"Sure," I said hoarsely.

"I noticed your voice sounded a little congested today. Is everything okay?" She asked me.

"Yea, it doesn't hurt or anything. I should be fine," I said weakly.

"The thing is Sage, I was wanting you to sing a solo song that you wrote. I heard you are an amazing writer and I was wanting you to sing a song you wrote for the concert. Of course I was still going to ask you to see if you were open to the idea. But now I do not know if you should even be singing in Friday's concert, because your voice sounds so weak right now," she explained to me.

"No, I will sing on Friday. And I would be happy to sing one of my songs for the concert. I should be fine then," I stated weakly.

"Okay Sage. I hope you feel better soon. Your voice is amazing and you are a great student. Please let me know if you can sing on Friday," she told me.

"Will do," I croaked.

Skip to where she is at home.

The boys aren't home yet. I had to take the bus home. I decided I would start on my homework.

I am afraid to tell the boys about my voice. They might not let me sing in the concert if they knew it was hurting or whatever right now. I can barely say anything without it sounding like a dying frog.

"Sage we are home!" I heard Zayn called out.

"In here! I tried calling back but only sounded like a high pitched whisper.

"Say, where are you?" I heard Louis call out.

"I'm in here," I tried saying again.

"Sage, this is not funny. Please come out now!" I heard Harry called out.

"I'm in here!" I tried yelling as loud as I could.

After a minute they finally came to the living room to where I was.

"Sage, we were calling for you. Why did you not answer back?" Niall asked me.

"I tried to," I mumbled.

"What do you mean you tried to?" Zayn asked me. I am guessing he was the only one who heard me because the others were still looking at me, waiting for me to answer Niall's question.

"I tried saying I was in here," I said weakly.

"Sage, what is wrong with your voice?" Louis asked me concerned.

"I don't know. It started sounding this way this morning," I said sounding so congested.

"Sage, are you sick?" Harry asked and put his hand on my forehead.