[6]- Meet the Family

When we arrived back at the house, two cars, most likley Tre's and Mike's, were already parked on the drive way. "Look's like they've beat us to it" Billie laughed. We made our way inside to the house. Mike and Tre were sitting on the couch watching some show while they waited for us to get home. I don't think they heard the door open.

"WEEEERRRRR'EEEEEEE HOOOOMMMMEEEE" Billie sung at the top of his lungs, making Mike and Tre jump of the couch. "Hi BIllie" Mike said. "Good day Billie" said Tre with a look on his face. Probably annyoyed since Billie scared him.

"This, my good friends, is the newest member of the Armstrong family, Dakota" he welcomed me into the room.

"Hello" I squeaked. I was in a room with Green Day. "Nice to meet you Dakota, I'm Mike" he held out his hand for me to shake it, and I did. I hope my palms wernt sweaty, though that was always Tyler, not me. Tre ran up and hugged me, picking me up off the ground and twirling me around "Hellllloooo Dakooootttaaaaa" he yelled. "Hello" I gasped for air. "Tre put her down before you kill her!" Billie yelled, thumping Tre over the head. Tre put me down and gave me a smile, then gave Billie a friendly glare.

We all sat down and talked about ourselves. "So Dakota, Billie told me you played guitar" Mike asked looking at my brand new guitar. "Yeah. I love to play it" I replied putting the guitar on my lap. "C'mon then, play something for us Lil' Billie" Tre said.

"Nah. I'm good" I said, I didnt want to stuff something up in front of my idols.

"C'mon, please" Billie begged "Mike go grab her a sheet of music STAT" he ordered. Mike ran into the music room and came out with the sheet music for Basket Case.

"Here, play this" Mike said placing the papers in front of me. Tre plugged my guitar into the amp. They all waited for me to start playing. I started to play the music. I could see their mouths fallling open out the corner of my eye.

"Do you have the time

To listen to me whine

About nothing and everything

All at once

I am one of those

Melodramatic fools

Neurotic to the boneNo doubt about it" I sung. I continued to play the song as Billie, Mike and Tre remained speechless.

I finally finished the song. "That. Was. The. Best. Cover. I've. Ever. Heard." Tre said gasping.

"Heck yeah! My daughter is awesome!" Billie started jumping up and down as if he was a 3 year old on Christmas Day.

"Thanks" I blushed.

"You have some real talent there kid. You should play backup some time" Mike said.

"Yeah! We're looking for a backup bassist" Billie said starting to jump up and down again.

"I'm not that good" I said.

"Don't lie" Tre said "It's bad for you".

"Maybe. I'll think about it."

"She said yes!" Billie yelled

I laughed. Billie, Mike and Tre were just like a group of school kids.

----------------------------------------------------------------~--------------------------~----------------------------------------------

"Dinner's ready!" Adrienne shouted from the kitchen. I put my guitar down and made my way downstairs.

"Yes! Lasagne, my favorite!" Tre yelled. He ran down to the table and took a seat.

Everyone took a seat at the table and was given some lasange.

"So, Billie, how come Dakota didn't come sooner?" Mike asked with a mouthfull of food in his mouth.

"Well, 14 years ago, Adrienne and I had a fight, and we divorced for a year" he started. I listened carefully. "During that time we both had gotten together with other people, and I got togther with Dakota's Mom. Little did I know that she had given birth to twins, which she didn't tell me until a year later". I looke down at my plate. "She always told Tyler and I that we were an accident." I said. Everyone had a look of sorrow on their face. "It's not true you know" Billie replied. "So when Adrienne and I got back together, I got a phone call on day, she told me that she had given birth to a boy and a girl and I immediatly asked her for custody, due to her addictions in alcohol and drugs. She told me if I went near you guys she would kill you" Billie started picking at his food.

"You were right" I said "About her not been safe".

"What do you mean?"

"She used to hit Tyler and I. She would sell our stuff to pay for her drugs and alcohol" I said, trying not to break down.

"Listen, I'm so sorry that you had to deal with her for so long" Billie seemed to be mad at her for what she did behind his back.

"It's okay. Better now than never" I smiled.

"That clears alot up" Jakob said.

"So, Dakota" Adrienne said trying to change the subject "Your books and pens are on your desk for tomorrow".

"Thanks" I said, taking another bite of my food.

After dinner, Billie walked into my room again.

"I called the doctor" He said

"What'd he say?" I asked

"Well, he is on holiday for a month, so we will have to wait. But since we have no record of you been diagnosed with ADHD you have to be tested again."

"Oh"

"Sorry. Your Mother wouldnt give us the medical certificates"

"Dosn't surprise me" I laughed.

After Billie left the room, I went straight to bed. Hoping that I wouldnt have another nightmare about Tyler's death.