The Breakout

Remus's P.O.V.

Remus was waiting nervously for Tonks in the hallway. Today was the day he would meet her parents and he was terrified about what they would think of him. They would surely hate their daughter dating a werewolf. He wouldn't be surprised if they kicked him from the house as soon as they found out...He saw Tonks come in and smiled at her, trying to hide the fear that he was feeling. He clearly didn't do well at hiding it though because she squeezed his hand.
'They'll love you Remus, I promise.' she whispered in his ear.
He smiled softly
'Thank you Dora...' he said and kissed her softly.
She kissed back and when they broke apart a few minutes later, Remus was looking more confident. Tonks then pulled him outside and disapparated to her parent's house and knocked on the door. The door was opened by a kindly looking woman. The woman smiled at Remus.
'You must be Remus,' she said, shaking his hand, 'I'm Andromeda Tonks, Nymphadora's mother.'
Remus shook her hand, smiling.
'It's a pleasure to meet you,' he said nervously.
Andromeda smiled at him.
'Come in. I'll introduce you to Ted.'
Remus and Tonks followed Andromeda into the living room where a kind looking man was sitting on the sofa reading the daily prophet. The man looked up and saw Remus.
'Hello,' he said, smiling, 'you must be Remus Lupin.'
Remus nodded nervously.
'It's nice to meet you sir,' He said.
'Call me Ted,' said the man smiling.
Remus nodded, smiling. Ted kept reading the daily prophet while Andromeda turned back to them.
'Would you two like anything to drink?' She asked them.
'I'd like some pumpkin juice please,' said Tonks
'Of course dear, and what would you like to drink?' She said, turning to Remus.
'Could I please have a coffee?' He asked. Andromeda nodded and went to the kitchen, coming back a minute later with some pumpkin juice and coffee. She put the drinks on the small table next to the sofa. Remus and Tonks sat down in two armchairs and began drinking. Andromeda began asking Remus some questions. Remus knew he would have to tell Tonks's parents about his lycanthropy. They deserved to know that their daughter was dating a werewolf. He and Tonks exchanged looks. Tonks nodded, indicating that it was time to tell them.
'Andromeda and Ted...I have to tell you something. As Tonks's parents you have the right to know...The thing is...I'm a w...werewolf. I was bitten by Fenrir Greyback when I was six.'
Andromeda and Ted stared at him for a moment. Remus looked down, nervous for their reaction.
'You poor thing,' said Andromeda.
Remus looked at her in surprise. Was she seriously not angry that her daughter was dating a werewolf.
'You...You aren't mad that your daughter is dating a...a werewolf?' He said, confused.
Andromeda and Ted chuckled.
'Of course not,' said Ted. 'It's not your fault you're a werewolf. You're as deserving of love as the next person.' He said, smiling. 'Just promise me something.'
'Anything,' said Remus.
'Don't hurt her. I don't mean physically. I know you wouldn't dream of putting her in danger. I mean emotionally.' He said, 'or I'm afraid you won't be welcome here again,' he said.
Remus smiled.
'Of course,' he said, 'I wouldn't dream of it.' 

Half an hour later, Ted looked up from the daily prophet, his face pale.
'What's wrong, dear?' asked Andromeda.
'There's been a mass breakout from Azkaban,' said Ted, his voice shaking slightly.
'Who escaped?' Asked Remus, worried.
'Several of You know who's followers, including Rodolphus and Bellatrix lestrange...' He said.
Andromeda went pale.
'Bellatrix escaped?!' She said, shocked.
Remus saw Tonks look worried next to him.
'Isn't Bellatrix your aunt, Dora...?' He asked her.
'Yes...' Replied Tonks.
Remus took a deep breath to calm himself down.
'I think we should go now,' Tonks said to her parents, 'It's getting late.'
Andromeda and Ted nodded and they all went to the front door.
'Thanks for having us,' said Remus, smiling at them.
'It was our pleasure,' said Andromeda.
After saying their goodbyes, Remus grasped Tonks's hand and they apparated to 12 Grimmauld place. They entered the house and hurried up to their room and sat on the bed.
'Bellatrix being your aunt, does she...is she after you...?' Remus asked, dreading the answer.
'Yes...' whispered Tonks, 'she wants me dead.'
Remus hugged her tight.
'I won't let her get to you. She'll have to get through me before she lays a finger on you...' He said, gritting his teeth.
'Remus, you don't have to put yourself in danger to protect me. You're always protecting me...I don't want you to get hurt or...k...killed...' She murmured.
'What kind of boyfriend would I be if I let you get hurt?' He said, chuckling.
She sighed.
'Just...Try not to get hurt...ok?' She said, shaking slightly, 'Bellatrix is a powerful witch...'
'Ok...But like I said before...I will always protect you' he whispered and he leaned in and brushed his lips against hers.
Tonks kissed back, wrapping her arms around him. After what felt like hours, they broke apart and stared into each other's eyes.
'I love you Dora...' He murmured.
'I love you too Remus. I always will...' She replied, brushing some of his hair out of his face.