S2|C8: The Hike

[Season 2 Theme]

Season 2 | Chapter 8

-The Hike-

Y/n POV

     Finally, we get to do some hiking! I've been waiting to go hiking for a while. Skiing and sledding is fun and all, but I love to hike and just enjoy the air whether it's on my own or with friends. As usual, the girls were already up and out of the room before I even woke up. I slept extra well the night before, I can tell by the way my joints popped as I moved around for the first few minutes of being awake. Each one felt amazing. Like they are settling into the best possible position. One final, big stretch and I was on my way out to meet them.

     I joined the small group consisting of the usual people I have been hanging out with. Lisa handed me a cup of hot chocolate with a smile.

     "Thanks." I returned her smile.

     "No problem, I figured you would like something warm to start the day."

     "You figured right." I chuckled.

     I took a sip of the hot drink as the rest of the group joined us. Minjoon joined next to me with a few other students. Once they settled in, Jisoo began taking a headcount of everyone present. My eyes widened as I sipped my drink and I looked over to Lisa.

     "What is this?" I ask her.

     " It's French Vanilla with a piece of candy cane in it." She smiled.

     "This is amazing."

     "Right! Me and Jisoo got a cup when we got back last night and we were hooked." She explained.

     "I can see why." I chuckled.

     "It's called the French Cane." Minjoon interjected. "It's their best, hands down."

     "You've had it before?" Lisa asked.

     "Yeah, my family used to come up here for vacations, I love this place." He explained.

     "Anything else you can recommend from the shack?" I asked.

     "They have amazing fish cakes and pancake balls. Definitely something you should try." He responded matter of factly.

     "Sounds like something we should try when we're done hiking and after dinner." Lisa stated.

     "Okay, everyone." Jisoo got everyone's attention. "It looks like everyone is here, so let's get ready to head up on the hike. We're taking the long path, so make sure you have water, snacks and anything else you need. Make sure you have a partner to walk with. Lisa, Y/n, and Minjoon you three are together since there's an odd number."

     "Okay!" Lisa said excitedly.

     The group of students all made sure that we had everything we needed. A few of them went back to get things from their rooms. Some double-checked through their bags and made sure their water was full and ready to go. It only took about ten minutes for everyone to be ready.

     "Alright, let's get going before it gets too dark. Let's make sure that no one gets lost, because if you do we won't be able to send a search party until tomorrow. So, again, be very mindful and stay close to your partner and the class." Jisoo explained with a tone of importance, making sure everyone understood the severity of the rules. The adult chaperone teacher allowed her to give the rundown, seemingly satisfied with her delivery.