Chapter 1

My eyes were barely adjusting to the scene before me. Blood dribbled down my chin and onto my white dress. Cringing, I grabbed a tissue offered to me by my older brother Kayden, who was the one who attacked me, but only for training purposes.

"That hurt!" I complain.

"Sorry." He mutters.

I nod my head, though it throbbed painfully, so he knew I heard him. Despite my pain, I knew he'd never do that intentionally, only if I wasn't quick to dodge, which I usually was.

"Titania!" My older sister, Vivian shouts at me, clearly annoyed.

"Oh lovely, it's the turd." I muttered sarcastically.

Kayden chuckled behind me. Vivian on the other hand, did not appreciate my little remark.

"Cut your shit, Titania. You know I'm your elder and you have the right to respect me." She said that calmly, but I could see pure hatred in those deadly eyes.

Vivian's pale skin gleamed where the sun hit it and her black hair had highlights of red in it. Her red lips mumbled a curse as her hazel eyes glared at me.

"Mother would like to see you, so you get your sorry ass out of here before I punch again." I stood firmly in my place, not liking her tone.

"Oh yeah, sure Vivian! I'll just drop everything I'm trying to do and getting the cut on my forehead healed." I said sarcastically. Vivian growled at me.

Before I understood what was happening, her fist connected with my cheek. Tenderly, I touched the bone she hit and flinched at the blood I saw on my fingers. Pain exploded in my other cheek as she slapped me again, harder.

"That's enough, Vivian. She is still a living being and despite you being royalty, hitting is assault." My brother defended me and put his arm around my shoulders, holding me up.

"Is that all?" I wheezed out to Vivian. She growled in response but offered no more verbalization.

Kayden led me away from Vivian and brought me to our healer, who at this point knows me very well.

"Princess Titania! Oh dear! She did it again, didn't she?" Talia, the healer rushed at me. Her brownish skin and brown hair contrasted well with her concerned brown eyes that were watching me with the utmost care.

"Sit her down." Talia said.

Kayden gently helped me sit down on the bed and Talia rushed to get her healing equipment. My cheeks throbbed painfully, but I could see Kayden looking at with concern. His tanned skin seemed pale and his eyebrows were furrowed. His unruly blonde hair with green highlights waved along his forehead, and his blue eyes watched me carefully. His jaw was clenched and it was clear to anyone he was gritting his teeth.

"I'm gonna kill that bitch." He muttered, making me grin.

"You have my blessing." I waved at him, emitting a soft chuckle to escape his throat.

"Even after being hit, you never lose your humor, do you?" Kayden asked.

"Nope!"

Kayden laughed, but it sounded kind of forced. Just as he was about to say something, Talia rushed into the room holding a bunch of thick black bags. Her eyes were narrowed and her mouth twisted in a scowl.

"Princess Odette and her twin princess Cassie were stalking me and heard me talking about your assault, Princess Titania." Talia said, exasperated.

"Oh great," both me and Kayden said at the same time.

Odette and Cassie were the youngest of all of the royal family and they were always spying. I kind of hoped their young ears would never have to know what Vivian does to me. No such luck, though.