1

A/N: this is the third book of the series so if you haven't read Heartless or Fearless then you'll be reallllly confused haha enjoy!

Colby's POV

"W-who are you?" Cora asked quietly as she looked at me in fear and confusion, "ha ha very funny, I take it your head feels better if you're willing to prank us right now." I said but she just looked at me with fear in her eyes, "prank us? Who is us? I-I don't even know you." She said and pushed off of my chest and backed away from me. "Cora, it's me, it's Colby." I said and took a step towards her as she backed away, "I-I'm sorry...I don't know a Colby..." She said which sent a sharp shooting pain through my chest.

She was serious.

No no no...this couldn't be happening.

"Yes you do! I'm Colby, your fiancée??...baby girl please remember me." I begged as she just shook her head, "fiancée? I don't even have real friends, let alone a boyfriend or fiancée." She said and backed away. I felt my chest tighten at her words.

"Okay...okay you just wait here. Sit tight. I promise nobody is going to hurt you." I said and she just stood there, confusion and fear still plastered on her face.  "It's gonna be okay, you're okay." I said as she watched me back out of the room. As soon as I was out of her sight I burst into tears.

What happened? How could she forget everything so fast? It didn't make any sense.

I ran down the stairs in a panic until I got to her dad. "Colby what's going on?! Is Cora okay??" He asked as I cried and clutched my chest, "she doesn't remember anything. Not me, not the roommates. Nothing." I gasped out as I collapsed against Sam. "What?!" Her dad yelled as Mia started crying.

Oh my god, she forgot about Mia too.

I felt my heart shatter in my chest as my hearing faded away.

I don't know how much time passed before Sam threw a cup of water in my face.

I started coughing and spewing as Tara rubbed my back, "get it together brother we can't lose you too." Sam said as Katrina sobbed on the couch next to me.

"Did she hit her head again? What could have caused this?" Devyn asked as I took Mia from my mom. I held her as close to me as humanly possible as she cried, "I know princess, I know." I said and kissed her head, "I don't know what happened I went upstairs to check on her and she was crying in the bathroom. When I asked her if she was okay she asked who I was. She doesn't remember me." I whispered as Kat sobbed harder.

"Baby, relax it's gonna be okay.." Sam cooed and pulled her into him which sent a shooting pain through my chest.

"I have to call her doctor, maybe they misread the scans or something, this isn't normal." I said and stood up to grab my phone. I paused when Mia wiggled in my arms.

I looked down at her as she cried and reached up at me, she was so sad it broke my heart again, "It's okay princess, I know you're scared. I am too. Daddy is gonna make everything okay though. Don't worry." I cooed and rocked her as my dad came up next to me, "youre such a great dad." He said and I shook my head, feeling the tears coming again, "I learned from the best." I choked out as I pulled Mia closer to me, "do you think she's gone forever this time?" I asked as I started to cry.

"No. I don't think so. Just give her doctor a call and we will see what she says. You can do this, Cole." He said and hugged me.

I took a deep breath and dialed the number for her doctor as everyone silently watched me.

"Colby?" Dr. Robinson answered, "she forgot everything didn't she?" She asked which sent a shock of pain through my whole body, "yes. How did you know?" I asked and she sighed, "I tried calling her earlier to tell her but she said she didn't want to ruin today or have any bad news." She said and I sobbed as Sam came over to hug me, "tell her what?" I choked out and she paused for a second, "her scans showed nothing was wrong but the bloodwork said a different story. Her norepinephrine levels were shockingly low, meaning something was starting to block the receptors in her brain. I think it was the Eszopiclone that we give her to aid in her sleep." She said then sighed, "It was only a matter of time before she lost everything." She said and I broke down.

"Will they come back?" I gasped out feeling my heart shattering all over again, I couldn't lose her.

"It's possible with time they will come back, but it's not guaranteed. I suggest taking it slow and trying to jog her memory but whatever you do, don't overwhelm her because you can't give her any more of those pills and although she might not remember having PTSD she still does have it. Things are going to get worse before they get better but I have full faith she will come back completely." She said and I nodded.

"She doesn't really have a choice with me." I said with a small laugh and wiped my face. "Just take your time, let her get to know you again. It's important that you don't overwhelm her with information. Baby steps." She said and I nodded. "Thank you Dr. Robinson." I whispered, "you're welcome. Let me know how things go." She said and then hung up.

"Well?" Sam asked as I set my phone down, "she tried to call her today to tell her this was a possibility of happening. Cora told her that she wanted today to be good, and that she didn't want to ruin today. God I feel like this is my fault." I groaned and pulled Mia closer to me. "It's not your fault! Things happen dude." Corey said and sat next to me, "I just...she...I can't." I said and started to cry again.

"It's okay Colby..." Kat sniffled out and grabbed my free hand, "did she say her memories would come back?" She asked weakly as tears continued to stream down her cheeks.

"She said that we can try to coax them out of her, but we can't overwhelm her with information or she could spiral. I can't give her the sedatives anymore because that's what caused this, so we just have to take it slow." I said and closed my eyes, "what about the wedding?" Devyn asked quietly causing my heart to shift, "if she's not better in time, we postpone it." I said and she nodded.

"What's the plan to get her back?" Jake asked as I kissed Mia's head.

"We just take it slow, maybe bringing her to some of the places she has key memories at will jog something in her memory. I don't know if we should bring Mia into the equation yet." I said and looked down at the sleeping baby in my arms. Kat shook her head, "there's no way to hide her from Cora, she has to know about her." Kat said and I sighed. She was right. I didn't respond as I just looked down at our daughter.

She looked so much like Cora it sent pain through my chest. I needed to get Cora back not only for me.

More importantly I had to get her back for Mia.