72

Colby's POV

"Bro, we have to talk." Sam said and pulled me away from the group, "oh no, is everything okay?" I asked with worry in my tone. "Kind of..things have changed a little bit. We have to leave tomorrow instead of on Wednesday night." He said which made my heart drop.

"Is there a reason why?" I asked and brushed my hand through my hair. "They booked the first place for Wednesday by accident and they knew you were coming home today from the honeymoon so they just changed the itinerary." He said as I bit my lip nervously.

Shit. This was going to kill Cora.

"Okay, well I guess I'll go pack for it.." I said and turned to go grab Cora so I could tell her. She was animatedly telling the girls about her trip when I went in which only made this hurt more. I really didn't want to see her upset.

She looked at me and smiled as Mia slept in her arms. "Hey babe, we should go unpack." I said quietly and nudged my head towards the door. "Oh. Yeah we probably should, I'll be back down later and we can talk more about everything." She said and stood up carefully so she wouldn't wake Mia.

As we walked up the stairs I could feel my heart clenching in my chest. "Are you okay? You're acting strange." She said and frowned at me as I bit my lip. "Uh...I just got some not so great news." I said and ran my hand through my hair as I closed the door to our bedroom.

"Oh my god is everyone okay?" She asked with concern in her voice. "Yeah, everyone is fine." I said and came over to sit next to her on the bed. "Plans have changed a little bit." I said and took a deep breath as she bit her lip nervously. "We have to leave for filming tomorrow.." I said and watched as her face dropped.

"Oh." She breathed out and brought her hand up to the locket I got her on our wedding day. "I'm so sorry baby.." I said and brought my hand to her cheek. "It's okay...I just..it's okay." She said and forced a small smile on her lips. I knew she was upset though because the smile didn't reach her eyes.

It hurt me to know that she was so understanding of all of this, I really honestly didn't deserve her. She would take the pain of me being gone without complaining if it meant I could chase my dreams. That's why she's not like her mother.

That's why she's the most incredible person I have ever met.

"Let's get you packed." She said softly then stood up, laying Mia down on the bed. "Cor..." I said and stood up, putting both of my hands on her arms as she avoided eye contact. "Baby look at me." I whispered as she closed her eyes, "I can't." She said then burried her face in my chest as she started crying.

"Oh baby girl." I said and tightened my grip around her as she sobbed into my chest. "I'm so sorry." She whispered as I rested my head on hers, "why are you apologizing? Don't apologize." I said as she leaned away to wipe her tears, "I should be happy for you, I shouldn't be selfish. This is a good thing, you're living your dreams." She said and brushed her hair behind her ears.

"You're not being selfish, you're sad and that's okay. This is a huge curve ball considering we just got back from our honeymoon. It's okay that you're upset." I said and rubbed the tears off her cheeks. "Thank you." She said and chewed at her lip. "I'm always going to be a phone call away." I said as she nodded.

"I know.."she said the shook her hands out, "okay. No more tears, we need to do laundry and get you packed for a whole month." she said and brushed her hands on her pants. She grabbed our suitcases from the trip and emptied them onto the floor so she could sort through them as I started pulling out some outfits. I would catch her chewing on her lip as she put everything in the laundry hamper to go wash.

It hurt me so bad knowing she was hurt but she was strong and I knew the girls would be here for her no matter what happens.

"What?" She asked when she looked up to see me staring at her. "I just..I love you." I said causing her to breath a small laugh, "I love you too." She said then stood up to bring the laundry down. "When I get back you better have some stuff packed." She said and smiled a little at me before walking out.

I chuckled and turned back to the clothes I was sorting through. As I was pulling stuff out I made sure to leave a bunch of my hoodies and her favorite pair of my sweatpants. I knew she would need them more than I would. I grabbed the empty bag and started stuffing it full of the clothes I would need.

Cora came back a few minutes later and watched me as I packed. I could tell she had just got done crying but I didn't say anything. I knew she felt bad for being upset but really I couldn't blame her even if I wanted to.

"You proud of me babe?" I asked and gestured to the bag I had packed, "of course I am." She said and kissed my cheek as she started helping me.

We packed most of my stuff and Cora finished our laundry as Mia slept soundly on the bed. "We should probably go hang out with everyone." She said quietly and went to walk passed me, "Cor wait.." I said and grabbed her hand, stopping her. "Yes?" She asked and looked into my eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered and brought my hand to her cheek, "don't apologize for following your dreams." She said and put her hand over mine. My heart skipped a beat at how amazing she was.

I was so so lucky.

"Let's just go downstairs and hang out, we will get through this. You and me forever." She said and smiled before I pulled her in for a kiss.

We dropped Mia off at the nursery then went downstairs. When we got to the living room everyone looked at us cautiously. "It's okay guys. Let's just have fun on our last night together for a while." Cora said and linked her arm through mine. "Hell yeah!!" Jake yelled and picked Tara up.

Kat came up and pulled Cora away for a little bit, presumably to cheer her up a little bit.

"She okay?" Sam asked and clapped his hand on my back. "She's having a really hard time dude, I feel so bad." I said as he frowned, "she will be okay. It's gonna be hard but you know she's tough." He said and patted my back a couple times.

I looked over at Cora and saw her talking to Kat with a smile on her face. "Yeah, she's pretty damn tough." I said with a small smile.

Cora eventually came over and wrapped her arm around mine, "are you guys getting excited for tomorrow?" She asked Sam and Jake as she leaned her head on my shoulder. "Yeah! It's gonna be really cool exploring all of those places" Sam said and smiled, "yeah? Do you know all the places your going?" She asked which made my heart swell, "yeah, Salem, Savannah, New Orleans, San Antonio, Chicago, San Francisco, and Charleston. We will spend a few days at each place." He explained and she just nodded.

"Sounds like a lot of fun." She said and leaned into me, "you tired baby?" I asked and kissed her head, "Yeah, I think it's time." She said and looked up at me with drowsy eyes. "Okay, let's go to bed." I said and looked up at the boys, "we are gonna go to sleep, see you tomorrow." I said as Cora gave them hugs.

We said goodnight to everyone then headed up to bed. Cora immediately crawled into bed and curled up in a ball. I stripped my shirt off and slid into bed next to her. "Baby, it's okay." I said as she started crying again. "I'm just....I'm gonna miss you so much." She whispered and hid her face in my chest, "I'm gonna miss you too baby girl." I whispered and rubbed her back.

She cried herself to sleep against my chest which actually broke my heart, but I held her close and kissed her head before I drifted off to sleep myself.

This is seriously going to be so hard.