𝟙𝟝

ⁱ ᵏⁿᵒʷ ⁱᵗ'ˢ ᵒᵛᵉʳ, ᶜʳʸ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᶜᵒˡᵈ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈᵉʳ

Aʟᴀɪɴᴀ

"Midget you ight?" Wayne's voice snapped me outta my imagination. Of course I didn't kiss him. It was all an illusion.

"Yeah. Why?"

"Cuh you been staring into nothing for a minute" he said.

I coughed a lil. "Nah. I'm ight"

"Good. You wanted to say something...." He said. "Yeah yeah. It's just that i-" I was interrupted by his phone.

He picked it up and smiled at it before replying the text.

"Who is that?" I asked. "Cass" he said. "Who? I asked.

"Just a friend from when we was little. We bumped into each other Wednesday" he said as another text came in. He looked down at it and laughed, before replying.

"She seems like she funny. What's she like?" I asked. He shrugged.

"She just cool. We still catching up tho" he said and went back to texting.

"Ok" I nodded as I felt my motherfucking heart deflate.

_

"It's a girl, Zee. Cass. Her name's Cass and they've been friends since forever" I said into the phone. I was at home telling Zora all that happened tonight.

"Ok and? Did you tell him or nah?" She asked. "Of course I didn't" I said. "Well why not?"

"Because he's talking to a girl, Zora. And he seems pretty into her"

"They've been friends since forever, he gotta be friendly. You gotta tell him. If you ont do that then I bet ya, you gon' regret it" she sighed.

"Look I gotta go. Joshie's calling. Tell him. Goodnight" she said.

"Goodnight. I love you"

"Love you too" and she hung up.

Yeah there's no way in hell I'm telling him.

Maybe a bath will help ease my mind.

_

ᵗʷᵒ ʷᵉᵉᵏˢ ˡᵃᵗᵉʳ

"Oh my God! I love your shoes" Cass said and I smiled at her.

It's been two weeks and Cass been hanging with us ever since. Everybody loves her. She was really pretty and super nice. I hate that I like her.

"Thanks" I said.

"So Cass, what bout your sister? She still single?" Winter asked. "Nah. She's married and still completely uninterested in you" she replied.

"Damn" Winter said. "Mane face it. You gon' be single for a long ass time" Bird said. "So are you fatass" she shot back.

Relly nudged me a lil. "You ight?" He asked. "Yeah. I was just thinking" I said, smiling a little.

"Ok" he said and turned back to the others. My phone buzzed and I picked it up. It was my mama.

-mama💙🌍
getcho ass home rn
bring some milk from the store

I rolled my eyes cause I knew it wasn't anything serious but I complied anyway.

"I gotta go. My mama need me" I said, standing up.

"Now?" Wayne asked and I nodded. "Sorry. You know how she get" I said. "What she want?" Donbo asked. "Milk" I replied. "Ight bye y'all" I said, waving at them. "Bye" Cass said as she stood up to hug me. I was a lil taken back but I hugged back either way.