𝟜𝟙

ⁱ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʸ ˢʰᵉ ʷᵉᵃʳ ʰᵉʳ ʰᵃⁱʳ, ˡᵃᶜᵉ ᶠʳᵒⁿᵗˢ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃˡˡ
ⁱ ˡᵒᵛᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʷᵃʸ ˢʰᵉ ᵐᵃᵏᵉ 'ᵉᵐ ˢᵗᵃʳᵉ, ᵈᵒ ᵐᵃᵏᵉᵘᵖ ᵃⁿᵈ ᵃˡˡ
ⁱᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ˢᵉᵉⁿ ʰᵉʳ ⁱⁿ ᵗʰᵉᵐ ᵈʳᵃʷᵉʳˢ, ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵉᵉ ʷʰᵃᵗ ⁱ ᵐᵉᵃⁿ
ᵇᵃᵉ, ⁱ'ᵐᵃ ᵏᵉᵉᵖ ⁱᵗ ᵍ, ⁱ ⁿᵉᵉᵈ ʸᵒᵘ ʰᵉʳᵉ ᵒⁿ ᵐʸ ᵗᵉᵃᵐ

Aʟᴀɪɴᴀ

"Mama" I called for like the 12th time

"You better shutcho ass up and wait" she replied from upstairs. I nodded and sat down.

We were going over to my grandma's for Thanksgiving dinner and my mama was taking all the damn time in the world to get ready. Ain't even like she was gon' look different.

"I'm ready" she said, coming downstairs.

"Grandma said to be there by 12. It's 2 ma" I stood up.

"Did I tell you I didn't know what the time is? And you know it get good by 2. That's when your uncle Earl show up " she said. "Lock up the house" she said and went outside. I followed and locked the door.

"Hurry up. We don't got all day" She called from her car.

(Yeah...she has a car incase I forgot to mention that 😅)

I rolled my eyes and got in the car and she drove off. "Mama slow down. Ain't nobody chasing you" I said, gripping the seatbelt as she sped down the road.

"You either speeding or you ain't driving at all"

"Till the po-po pull you over"

"Ain't nobody finna stop for the damn police. What I teach you?" She asked. "Mama don't start wi-"

"I told you if you see red lights, that mean stop, if you see green lights, that mean go but if you see blue lights, that mean you gotta blow your engine getting the hell away from em" she said.

"Okay ma you been watching wayyyyyy too much Tyler Perry"

"Fuck you say to me?" She asked, turning to look at me. "My God! Mama keep your eyes on the road. We finna crash"

"Chile you ont know me. Back in the days, your mama was reckless. I can drive with my eyes closed" she revealed. "How reckless we talking?"

"I'm talking high speed chase, hanging with the hoodrats-"

"You was a hoodrat?" She gasped then reached over and popped me in the mouth. "Don't never interrupt your mama"

"Damn ma. I was just asking" I said, cupping my mouth.

"I know you didn't just swear" she started to reach over again but I was quick to apologize. "No sorry! sorry! It was a accident". I used my hands to form a shield in front of me.

"Yeah it better be" she said. "As I was saying, we was doing dope things. Hanging out at the parties with all the coolies"

"Don't nobody say coolie no more. Ion even know what it is"

"Chile if you ont lemme finish my story..." she threatened.

"But how long this ride gon' be?" I asked.

"About two hours" she replied. "Lemme tell you bout how I met your father at a party"

Oh boy.....

_

"Move your fatass out the way" My aunt, Kanisha, pushed my mama aside to come hug me. "I missed you so much. It been like a year and you grown so much" she said, pinching my cheeks.

"Hey aunt Nisha" I smiled awkwardly. "C'mon the others been waiting on y'all asses. Even Earl showed up early"

"He drunk already right?" My mama asked. "Oh Maria. Why ask when you already know the answer"

She led us through the house and to the backyard. "Well I'll be damned. Ain't that Maria?" Uncle Odell's loud ass voice could be heard all the way from across the large backyard. "And she brought her fine ass daughter too" His longtime friend that came every year, Bryan the perv, added.

I mentally cringed and plastered a fake smile on my face as my mama led me to them.

"The devil is a damn lie . Look atcha. You ain't changed at all Dell, you still look retarded" my mama laughed. "And you still a dwarf" he countered. They glared at each other for a while before cracking smiles.

"C'mere you animal" she said, opening her arms for her older brother. He swooped her into a bear hug and it almost made the smile on my face genuine. Almost. Bryan had to ruin it.

"It's been a long time sweetheart" he started and I grimaced.

Well not long enough.

"Hey uncle Bryan" I greeted just to be respectful. I couldn't call him by his name only cuh my mama woulda laid my ass down. "Well won't you gimme a hug?" He opened his arms.

I was about to say no when my mama nudged me and gave me that black mama look. I sighed and hugged him. I pulled away immediately I felt his hands going down south.

"Hey uncle Delly" I smiled and hugged him.

"So how old are you now?" Bryan asked when I pulled away. "21" I replied and he nodded with a thoughtful look.

Now hol' up. Don't get any ideas.

"Why don't you go see your cousins. They over at the court" Uncle Odell pointed at the basketball court all the way across the field. "Ight" I said. I gave them one last smile and left.

"Alaina!" Someone yelled my name. "Jada!" I shrieked in excitement when I saw my cousin running up to hug me. I opened my arms but she wasn't slowing down. I got scared so I ran from her but she chased me down and tackled me.

"Oh my God Lain. I missed your ass" she said, hugging me on the ground. "Missed you too but you kinda crushing my ribs"

"Sorry" she stood up and pulled me up into a proper hug. "Damn. I missed your ass so bad. You have no idea how annoying Junior ass is"

"Where he at?" I asked, dusting my jeans off. "He over there with them niggas" she pointed to the basketball court. They was shooting some hoops. "You seen Uncle Michael?" I asked.

"He had to leave to handle shit. Sum' bout his baby mamas fighting" she explained and I laughed. "That man so messy"

"Now I know y'all ain't planning to stand here and gossip when there's shit to do in the kitchen" my other aunt, aunt Nique, said as she came up to us. "Hey aunt Nique" I smiled.

"Hey child. How you doing?"

"I'm ight"

"Good. Now get y'all asses in the kitchen" she said and dragged us by our ears into the kitchen.

Yeah, today gon' be a long ass day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Based on a true story y'all....except the pervert nigga....but I swear my family be mistreating me😩

Anyway y'all what y'all think?

Alaina gotta watch out for Bryan?

Stay tuned to find out what the fuck the day got in store.

Don't forget to vote and comment.
Thanks

Not edited.