𝟞𝟘

play the song at the top.....only if you want to tho
××

ᵃⁿᵈ ⁿᵒʷ ⁱ'ᵐ ʳⁱᵍʰᵗ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱ ˢʰᵒᵘˡᵈᵃ ᵇᵉᵉⁿ
ʰᵉʳᵉ ʷⁱᵗʰ ʸᵒᵘ ᵃˡˡ ᵃˡᵒⁿᵍ

Oᴍɴɪsᴄɪᴇɴᴛ

It was 3am and Alaina was still as awake as ever

Maybe it was because she had gotten so used to sleeping with Wayne beside her it felt weird to sleep without him. Or maybe it was because she was still worried about him even after he pissed her off.

She sighed as she looked at the blue bear he won at the fair on the other side of the bed where he shoulda been.

She shook her head to get rid of the thoughts of him. She was supposed to be mad.

She decided that some fresh air would help her clear her head so she put on her slides and a hoodie and went downstairs. On her way out, she grabbed a bottle of water and went to the door. She opened it and was surprised to see Wayne already standing there with a double cup in one hand and the other in midair, about to knock.

"What the fuck? What are you d-" the rest of the sentence died on her lips as he pulled her into a hug.

He pulled away and all her anger melted away when she saw his bloodshot eyes.

He immediately broke eye contact and looked down at the ground.

"I know you prolly don't wanna see me right now but I couldn't sleep and I didn't know where else to go". His voice sounded so raspy and he looked so broken. Just seeing him like that tore her heart out.

She moved aside for him to come in and closed the door when he did.

"You wanna talk about it?"

He shook his head and sat down on the sofa, placing the double cup on the table. She dropped the water bottle on the coffee table too and sat down criss cross applesauce beside him, stuffing her hands in the pockets of her hoodie.

She so badly wanted to yell at him, tell him to get out or sum' but just one look at him and she couldn't even speak.

"How did you get over your dad passing?"

The question kinda caught her off guard cuh she wasn't expecting it. She knew he wouldn't ask if it wasn't important cause he knew how much she hated to talk about it.

"It wasn't easy" she answered.

In all honesty, she never completely did. She just learned to not think about it a lot and focus on other things. But there were times when she thought about it a lot.

"You ever think about him?"

"Yeah" she said, her voice barely a whisper. "Why you asking all these questions?"

She didn't understand why he wanted to know now. Unless..... somebody died......

"Did...." He cut her off. He already knew what she was gonna ask.

"My dawg Jnew" he revealed. "High speed chase"

(y'all just pretend he died recently😔😩)

"I'm sorry"

"It ain't your fault. I should be the one apologizing for acting up earlier. All that shit I said was outta pocket. I'm sorry" he said.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" She asked.

"I didn't wanna put all that burden on you. You have so much on your plate with school stressing you out and all. I didn't wanna add even more" he explained.

"I don't care if I'm already stressed out" she started. "If something's bothering you, it's bothering me too. We're in this together. So you gotta tell me shit. Got it?" she asked and he nodded.

"Look at me" she cupped his cheeks and forced him to look at her. "I'm your girlfriend, you gotta open up to me. And when you do, rest assured I'm here for you. If you wanna talk it out, cry it out or fuck it out. I'm down for whatever. I gotchu"

"Promise?"

"I promise. If I say I gotchu then I gotchu" she answered truthfully, looking into his eyes. "Your eyes are like really red. What the fuck were you drinking?" she asked as she peered into the cup.

"Lean?". He nodded shamefully.

"Bruh what the-" she stopped talking and took in a deep breath. She had to be understanding. He just lost a friend.

"I thought I told you to stop. That shit could kill you" she said in a calmer voice.

"Well I didn't know what else to do" he defended.

"Just please...promise me you won't ever drink lean"

"I won't. I promise" he said and she smiled a lil. "Good. Cuh I don't know what I would do if I lost you". She reached out and pulled him into a hug.

"You ain't" he replied and held her tighter, wordlessly letting her know he wasn't going anywhere anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry for the short chapter....i'm not good with sadness.

if you didn't, please go back to the top and play the song
that's right...it wasn't optional..

thank you all so much for 54k reads....God bless.

go check out my other book Mood Swings while y'all wait for updates on this one.....

don't forget to vote and comment
thanks

not edited.