Chapter 46: Aiming For Perfection

Ha haha ha... Yeah, so looks like I did another kinda angsty thing I didn't intend to do. I also ended up separating the original chapter into two chapters because this chapter is already longer than my average chapter. So yeah trigger warnings. A lot of anxious thoughts and a bit of low self-esteem. Injury, panic attacks, brief but kind of violently graphic (?) flashback with inferences rape. I think that's it, please tell me if I'm wrong. As always take care of yourselves and thank you for reading!

~~~

"So let me get this straight," Roman hummed, raising a brow at the dark shadowling he called his boyfriend. "You want me to take Logan and Patton out on a date all day to the imagination so you can cook dinner?"

"Yeah basically," Virgil replied leaning back against the frame of Roman's bed. "So will you do it?"

"Well yeah I'll do it. I always love an excuse to go out on a date with any and or all of you. But isn't it a bit excessive to keep it a secret to that extent?" Roman asked.

Virgil puffed out his cheeks annoyed. He didn't want Roman to question it and make his plan to bake an apple pie too obvious. At the same time he desperately needed him to get everyone out of the house because even if they weren't in the same room there was no way he'd be able to disguise the smell of the pie when it started cooking and it'd ruin the surprise.

"I just really want dinner to be special tonight. I want it to be a surprise that I make all by myself and I want you all to be in a good mood when you have it so it'll be even better. So I thought, what better way than to have you all go out and have fun together," Virgil reasoned, he really hadn't lost his ability to speak in half truths.

Roman walked over and cupped the side of Virgil's face as he smiled down at him.

"Then I'd be more than happy to aid you in your task Mi Amor," Roman hummed.

Roman slowly bent down, giving Virgil time to refuse if he wanted to, and connected their lips in what was meant to be a short and tender kiss. Virgil's arms wrapped around Roman's shoulders to both reciprocate and deepen the kiss. Roman let out a soft growl that sent shivers down Virgil's spine in a surprisingly good way. The new found passion in the kiss made Virgil's legs weak and his body heat up. He slipped off of the bedpost he had been using for support as he leaned back, causing both of them to crash onto the bed. Roman gasped in surprise and pulled away from Virgil.

"Ah, sorry, I didn't me t-"

Virgil shut him up by kissing him again. There was still a twist of fear about being under him on a bed and kissing but Roman had quickly braced himself up on his elbows so the weight of his upper body could barely be felt by the younger side. One of his hands soothed through his hair as he reciprocated the kiss, giving Virgil something calming and rhythmic to focus on instead of the actual position. Virgil let out a content sigh through his nose as he allowed himself to be swallowed by the blissfully electric sensations. If he hadn't been sure about his choice to bake the pie earlier, this surely would have made him know it was the right choice. His fingers snaked up Roman's neck to play with the hair at the base of his scalp and he could feel Roman shivering under his finger tips. Roman pulled back, his own flushed cheeks and reddened lips mirroring Virgil's own. They both lay there, breathing heavily as they looked at each other. Virgil was the first to look away and shyly bite his lower lip.

"Y-you should probably go get tell the other's about the date," Virgil said.

"What date?" Virgil gave him a sharp look and the color of his cheeks darkened. "O-oh right, that date! Heh, sorry, guess I kinda forgot things for a moment there."

Virgil smiled up as he listened to Roman's nervous chuckles. Virgil leaned up to kiss him on the cheek.

"That requires you getting off of me, Princy," Virgil teased.