//ch. 32//nomu//

BIRTHDAYS

BIRTHDAYS. You've never had one. Well, technically never celebrated it. You didn't even know you had one until Kurogiri asked you about it.

"So you've never celebrated your birthday before?", Kurogiri asked.

You nodded. Again, living on the streets limited many of your experiences that normal children had.

"Why don't we celebrate it all together...tomorrow?", Kurogiri offered.

"R-Really...?", you asked, eyes wide. This was going to be your time celebrating your birthday. You didn't really know what went down on birthdays but it couldn't be anything bad, right?

.•♫•♬• a voice •♬•♫•.

"Happy birthday (Y/N)-channnn!!", Toga exclaimed as she squished your cheeks together.

You were currently sitting at the head of the dining table, while the other members sat on the sides. There was a two layered fruit cake presented in front of you that Kurogiri baked.

"W-Woah! F-For....m-me..?", you asked.

Five candles were stuck evenly spaced on the top layer of the cake.

"Ready?", Dabi asked.

Without waiting for a response, he lit the candles with his blue flames. Compress turned off the lights so the burning candles were the only source of light.

"Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday dear (Y/N)~ Happy birthday to you!!", the league sang out of tune.

'And Dabi says my humming is bad', you thought as you smiled.

"Make a wish now, little one".

'I wish to stay with them together forever'.

You then blew out the candles and the lights flickered on. Claps and cheers were heard. Spinner took a knife and started cutting up the cake into pieces.

He first handed you your slice, to which you happily stabbed with a fork and ate. You loved the strawberries but especially the mangos. You ate in happiness as the others watched you.

"Jesus. You're just too cute!", Toga said as she wiped your mouth with a napkin.

You gave her a toothy smile as you continued eating, occasionally choking on frosting.

"It's time for presents", Kurogiri announced.

"P-Presents??", you asked. 'People got presents on their birthdays?! You were already so grateful for the cake and everything but now you get presents?? This day could not get any better!!'

Dabi went first. "I got you...well us, matching pjs! They're blue like my flames, since you said you liked them", Dabi said.

You took the gift and unwrapped it. It was indeed blue pajamas. But what made it special was that it had the name Dabi stitched on the chest pocket of the pj.

"T-Thank you!!", you said, running to go give him a hug.

"Me next!!!", Toga exclaimed. She handed you a medium sized bag.

You took out the wrapping, pulling out a stuffed bunny, just like Tomu-chan. You gasped and hugged it. You were going to name this one "Himi".

"T-Thank y-you!", you bowed, running over to give Toga a hug too.

The rest of the league presented their presents to you. Spinner got you a little knife, saying that it's good for self-defense. Compress got you magic cards. It made you wonder whether they were really magical or not. Twice got you a new dress, he had Toga help him out on it since he wasn't sure whether you'd like it or not. Kurogiri legit got you a phone.

"A...a phone??", you asked in amazement. It was a small pink phone. No, it wasn't one of those plastic ones. It was real.

Kurogiri nodded. "Hope you like it. Now you can contact any of us", he said.

You immediately made Kurogiri teach you how to use it and add everyone's contact in your phone.

Once he was done showing you the ropes of how to use a phone, you then looked at Shigaraki expectingly.

"What? I didn't kill you. Isn't that a present itself?", Shigaraki said, slightly smirking.

You pouted at his mean joke. He then sighed. "Fine, come on", he said as he extended his pinkie out towards you. You gladly accepted as you waved goodbye to the others.

You both rode the elevator. He pressed the button to the 18th floor. You looked up at him. He did say before to never go past the 10th floor.

"Brace yourself", he said as the door opened.

You both walked out of the elevator. The room was filled with tubes connecting to tanks of clear green liquid that held these....these horrendous creatures.

You looked up at Tomura, who had his usual stoic expression on. He kept on walking, making you follow.

You examined the creatures that were floating in its containers. They were large creatures, even taller than Shigaraki. What they all had in common was that their brains were showing and they were all very muscular. Some had beaks while others had normal mouths. Others had wings while some had multiple arms. A few had more eyes than normal while others only had two.

You wondered what abomination this was. They were all freaky and if they suddenly came out of their tubes and attacked, you and Shigaraki would've been dead in a heartbeat.

"They're nomus. Master created them for my use. And for your birthday gift, I'm allowing you to choose any single one you like", Tomura said, as he cracked a small smile and looked down at you.

"Now come. Let's take a look at our options", he said as he was walking away. You caught up to him and pulled on his pants.

"P-Pick u-up", you squeaked out as you extended your short arms to him.

He picked you up like you asked and walked slowly towards each tube. He let you observe for a few moments before moving onto the next one.

"Find one you like yet?", he asked.

You hesitantly nodded, pointing to the one in the corner. He walked over there, making you scan your hand on this weird device. Once it was done, the liquid inside the tube was drained and the glass tube opened, allowing the nomu to step out.

It was one of the more normal ones, like the one Shigaraki used against All Might.

"It's like a block of dead meat unless you give it a command", Shigaraki said.

You wrapped your arms tighter around Shigaraki, wanting to leave already. This eerie environment made you uncomfortable. However, Shigaraki didn't seem like he would budge until you gave the nomu a command, so you did.

"C-Come...h-h-here..", you uttered out.

As commanded, the nomu walked closer to you and Shigaraki. You shakily stretched your hand towards it, wanting to pet it.

You didn't want to touch it's brains so you went for its beak instead. It didn't bite you or anything so you were relieved.

"A-Alright...let's go...N-Nono", you commanded as it followed.

"You don't have to name it, you know?", Shigaraki nonchalantly said.

"I know. T-Thank you...", you whispered as you snuggled your head in Shigaraki's now less crusty neck.

The nomu just stared, making the whole atmosphere more awkward.