𝕁𝕠𝕤𝕙𝕦𝕒 𝔹𝕣𝕒𝕕𝕝𝕖𝕪

(A/N: Okay so I've not uploaded in a couple of days but I'm just struggling with ideas, thank you for 2k reads like omg and pls pls pls request!)

Your POV

Slow, romantic music filled the venue as I watched couples sway back and forth on the dance floor from my seat at my table, I swallowed thickly and blinked back the tears as I sat here drinking my wine alone. I watched as the bride and groom gazed lovingly at each other whilst holding each other close and swaying with the music, Talia's beautiful ivory lace gown trailing behind her and Simon in a black neat tux with a baby pink handkerchief in his front pocket to match the bridesmaid dresses, which I was in. I looked down at my tight lace baby pink corset dress that went into a flowing skirt that stopped around my knees, I had taken my matching pink heels off long ago due to the pain. I turned back to the dancing and guzzled down the last of the wine in my glass, well if I don't have anyone to be like that with at least I have my alcohol. 

"Hey, you okay?" a voice asked gently in my ear from next to me, I turned and was met with Josh sitting next to me, he faced Simon and Talia also watching them smiling and dancing. He was in a black tux same as Simon but by now he had only his waistcoat on and had got rid of his suit jacket, "Hey Josh, I'm fabulous why wouldn't I be?" I assured with a massive fake smile plastered on my face. He turned to face me this time with a sorrowful smile, "you can be honest with me" he said quietly and my smile faltered slightly, "I just can't help but feel weird" I admitted selfishly. Josh let out a sigh and wrapped an arm around my shoulders "I know it's okay" he reassured pulling me closer, "I used to imagine it being me up there dancing with him" I choked out trying to mask my sadness but there was no point Josh knows me better than anyone. "You and Simon were together for 3 years Y/n, I would be worried if you weren't a little upset today," he said gently rubbing my arm, I dropped my head onto his shoulder and let out a shaky breath, "shit happens and I'm happy they're happy," I said truthfully smiling gently at them, "you're a good friend Y/n and you're strong for doing this" Josh admired and looked at me, I caught his gaze and made eye contact "thanks, Josh."

"Come on then," Josh said with a smile and stood up abruptly making me move my head from his shoulder, I gave him a confused look "come where?" I asked as he held out a hand for me to take. "Let's dance," he said in an obvious tone with a chuckle, I dropped my head in a giggle before I took his hand, "why not!" Josh led me out on to the middle of the dance floor and placed an arm on my waist, I giggled at his move and placed a hand on his shoulder and we began to sway to the music like the others. 

After a couple of moments of comfortable silence dancing Josh turned to me slightly, "I still remember the day you two broke up" I swallowed thickly and sighed, "me too" a sad smile crept onto my face. "You two had been arguing the past couple of days and I guess it was too much" Josh continued and I nodded solemnly, "I never did find out why you two were arguing in the first place," Josh said in a curious tone. I shook my head and avoided his gaze, "something silly really" I spoke quickly hoping he'd leave it at that, Josh just nodded knowing I didn't want to continue the conversation.

In truthfulness, it wasn't something silly that broke Simon and I up at all, for weeks Simon had been paranoid about Josh and me and how close we were. I just shrugged it off and assured him we were just friends but he never fully believed me, for me this was ludicrous because Josh was obviously just a friend. I loved Simon with my whole heart, or at least that's what I thought. Maybe it was Simon's constant suspicions or maybe it was because I could see my relationship crumbling apart that I finally opened my eyes. Simon and I were a great couple and I loved him so much but we were only biding time until we found our true soulmates.

"I loved Simon, I really did" I spoke up suddenly surprising Josh a little, "we know you did and he loved you" Josh replied simply, "I was heartbroken when we split up" I continued and Josh gave me a sad look, "but I think it was best for us" I spoke, my nerves growing more and more. "Simon was heartbroken too but even he knew it was for the best and look at yous now, still best friends" Josh smiled nodding to him dancing with his new wife, I didn't look over at them though I continued looking at Josh's side profile, admiring his handsome features, there was no denying how attractive Josh was. "You see me and Simon realized something," I said and Josh gave me a confused look "and what was that?" he inquired, "I was with the wrong boy" I admitted and waited for his reaction. 

Josh stopped dancing and widened his eyes, he looked at me and I bit my lip in anticipation, "who was the right boy then?" he asked shakily still standing in an embrace with me but no longer moving, I tilted my head and I tried to hide the smile that appeared on the corner of my mouth. "Really you're going to make me say it?" I giggled and Josh smirked chuckling, "no clue who it is Y/n," Josh said in a mocking clueless voice but edging closer. "You Josh" I whispered, "I should've been with you not him" I finally spoke and Josh smiled widely before placing a hand on my cheek and waist and pulling me into a passionate kiss. The kiss didn't last long enough for my liking but when we pulled apart we were both smiling widely, "I should ask you to dance more often" Josh chuckled and I let out a laugh, Josh pulled me back into a dancing embrace and we started swaying again to the music. I guess coming to my ex's wedding wasn't too bad.

(A/N: I'm really proud of this one so pls let me know your thoughts and also I beg for requests like I'm struggling so much, I also had thoughts for a proper fanfic but I'm not sure who with so  thoughts?)