Chapter 15

Chapter 14 – Overtime

Christopher Brown | New York City, NY

I got out of the SUV and walked along the NY sidewalks to the club where I'd be performing. I wasn't going to stay no more than an hour because I was really feeling the jet lag at this point. I didn't sleep on my fight and the little sleep I got, I was woke up shortly after covered in sweat.

"Okay you just have to sing a few songs from Indigo, take a few pictures with the owner and promoter and that's it." Darren informed me as we got closer to the venue. I looked up at the building seeing different color lights shining brightly.

"If it's too lit we might stay all night

"If it's too lit we might stay all night." I joked as we got to the entrance. We stood in front of the entrance and the security gave us access and led us to the elevator. He escorted us until we got to the top floor. This time the music was louder and different accents of red, pink, purple and blue illuminated the room. The room was packed and lively. The DJ was playing Checklist by Normani and Calvin Harris. Girls were twerking and the guys were hyping them up. So far it was all great vibes and I knew that I'd enjoy it.

"Wow! This place is nice!" I chuckled as Darren looked around in complete awe. I had to agree, this place was sexy as fuck. The security led us to a VIP area that had what looked to be influencers in the section.

"This area is reserved for the Brown party. Please exit the area." I watched as their faces went sour. I looked at Darren and he released a nervous chuckled then looked a head. I followed suit and the area was vacant.

"Um, who all is in this area?" I asked as the security was about to leave. He pointed to a pad on the wall and I walked over to it reading through the different names. Most of the people I was cool with so I didn't have much to worry about.

"I'm gonna go and talk to the manager and I'll be back." I waved him off sitting in the booth. A waiter came over and asked for my drink of choice. I order two shots of patron to start me off.

"Okay you go in fifteen." Darren spoked as he slid into the booth next to me. Another waiter came and took his order then disappeared.

The waiter came back and placed my shots on the table. "Thank you." I said then picked a glass up and downed it, feeling the slight burn in my throat but nothing I couldn't tolerate. I downed the other shot and shook my head feeling the slight kick it gave.