Chapter 23

Chapter 23 – Saving Lives

Myles Brown | May 23rd 2020 | Tappahannock, VA

The knocking on my door woke me from my sleep. I inhaled deeply, groggily getting out of bed. I walked to the door with my eyes closed feeling around for the door knob. My fingertips touched it and I grabbed a hold of the cold cooper and twisted it. I opened the door as well as my eyes seeing a concerned Beyoncé standing in front of me. I straightened myself up just as her phone was in my eyesight.

"Chris released a new song?" I scrunched my face up grabbing the phone from her hand. "And he hasn't left the basement since. I went down there and—" I groaned throwing my head back.

"We told you not to go down there Beyoncé." I closed my eyes momentarily then looked back at her. She bit her bottom lip looking at me nervously.

"I know but I was concerned!" I sighed leaning on the door. "So what happened?" I asked her folding my arms. "He yelled at me to get the fuck out then he lit a joint and slammed the door in my face." I shook my head watching the pout on her face.

"You should've left him alone." I looked at her face and she looked like she was about to cry. "Fine!" I gave in. "I'll go get him." I placed my weight on my two feet closing the door behind me. "Thank you." She hugged me then ran back into the bedroom. I chuckled shaking my head walking down the hallway. I heard a door open and I stopped and looked to my left coming face to face with a flushed and red-faced Darren.

"You good man?" I asked him concern laced in my voice and on my face. He looked like he was going to pass out any minute. "Ye-yeah I'm fi—" I grabbed him before he could fall. His body hung limp in my arms as I carried him bridal style back into the room. For his body size, I thought he'd be lighter but oh was I wrong.

"Aunty!" I yelled from the room. I laid him in the bed and leaned up. He was sweating a puddle and he was pale in the face. I moved to the window and opened it letting the cool morning air flow through the room.

"What boy? It's too early for yo' ass to be yellin'!" I chuckled moving out of the way to an unconscious Darren. "What wrong with him?" She asked leaning down to him. She placed her hand on his forehead and sighed.

"This is not good." She wiped her forehead standing straight. She looked at me and scrunched her face. "Where's your shirt boy?" I shrugged my shoulders then rubbed my chest.

"Finally start seeing a drop of sperm and think they're the shit." She mumbled walking pass me and out the door. My mouth hung open as I watch her disappear.

"That was low Aunty!" I yelled down the hallway. "So is your sperm count wearing them tight ass jeans!" I shook my head chuckling at her comment. I love my family and I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter | Brooklyn, NY