•kenma kozume 🍥

You opened your eyes, and everything was white, as usual. The walls, the floors, the curtains and the ceiling, it feels like everything is in black and white.

It's been almost three months since you got diagnosed with a heart disease, arrhythmia. It's a problem with the rate or rhythm of your heartbeat, sometimes faster or slower than normal, and irregular too.

The news struck you like a bolt out of the blue, no one could've expected you to get this type of illness, because you were athletic since you're the former volleyball captain of your team, Nekoma.

At first everyone was taken aback from the news, bunch of friends and also, your family were visiting you every single day. They also texted you constantly to check on your situation, but that only last for a few weeks, by the end of the month, it seemed that no one remembered you anymore.

Except for a few of course, the volleyball boys. You were touched, the fact that you've only talked to them for a few weeks before you got hospitalised and they are so concerned about your condition.

Everyday, the boys, especially Kuroo and Kenma, would buy healthy fruits for you and stay at the hospital, chatting with you from afternoon till dusk.

It kept up like that until their final exams, of course. They had to study, and you didn't want to be a hindrance to them.

You didn't know how long would you be staying at the hospital for, but time flew by quickly and another year has passed. The third years had graduated long ago, you only could remember Kenma hadn't graduate yet, but you know it'll be soon.

He still visited you everyday, sometimes he would study at the hospital as well, just to accompany you awhile longer.

What you didn't know was, you were getting sicker and paler. Kenma's eyes also grew wearier and the dark circles under his eyes were growing more evident.

However, the amount of love in his eyes seemed to grow by the day, and although you were sick, you felt joyous whenever he's around.

"(Name), it's getting cold, stay in bed and don't go out for the time being okay?" Kenma advised you with his usual soft and calming voice.

Upon hearing his words, you looked down at your lap and bit down on your lower lip. You have so many replies to that statement, but you accidentally hurt him by saying,

"But, who knows if I'll be able to see the sunrise when summer arrives?"

Those words caused his heart to skip a beat, his hand jerked from the harsh truth and you forced back tears.

He frowned and you adverted his gaze, which led to him holding your hand in his. He stroked your hand with his thumb, and you looked away, feeling your heart clench a little.

Over the hundreds of days, it's impossible to not fall for someone who constantly proves that he cares about you, and so, you admitted your feelings, but kept it within yourself because it'd be pointless to confess anyways.

"I wish we could find a way to escape reality," Kenma mumbled and you stared at him, almost believing that it's possible to escape because of his dreamy tone.

But, reality is always punching you in the face, sometimes, facing it is better than living in fantasies. Then there'll be no expectations, hence no disappointment.

"Visiting hours are soon over, Kenma-kun," a nurse's voice brought us back from our train of thoughts, and smiled at us.

Most of the nurses and doctors were familiar with Kenma because of how often he came to the hospital, as if it was his second home.