Chapter 4

The two boys quickly rushed towards me and knelt down.
"Oh man!" The movie star boy exclaimed, "Are you okay? Ugh, Dal is such a jerk. Come on Johnny, let's help her over there."
He put his hand on me and helped me slowly get up.
I wiped away my tears, sniffling uncontrollably.
They were on both of my sides, walking me to the bench.
I was still crying a bit from what Dal had done. They were rubbing my back, telling everything was okay.
"Geez, Dal is so heartless." The movie star boy muttered under his breath.
"He ain't that bad, Soda." The shy boy mumbled.
The boy whose name was Soda scoffed.
"Soda?" I asked quietly, confused.
"Yeah, name's Sodapop." The boy smiled brightly, "It's real. I know it's a weird name, you can laugh. Hey, that's first time I ever heard you speak. You have a nice voice there, doll."
I blushed a bit as I twisted strands of my hair. I wasn't used to someone complimenting me.
"Oh, I forgot." Soda exclaimed, "This here is Johnny."
He put his hand on Johnny.
Johnny smiled at me and waved, I did the same.
"You're Y/N, right?" Johnny asked quietly.
I nodded my head.
"Erm..." I started to say, "Why did you guys help me?"
"Because we knew that Dal had been doing bad things to you." Soda replied, "We couldn't just sit there and do nothin' while an innocent lady like you gets hurt by Dallas."
Johnny nodded in agreement.
"We heard the things he said about you when you first came," Johnny said, I remembered Dal saying something to them, "He said that you were a total mute freak. Then he told us the things you did in class and said that you were different and you deserved to be alone. Soda and I didn't laugh, it wasn't funny at all. It was rude of Dal to do that."
"Oh..." I said as sadness overcame me again.
"But it's okay." Soda said, lightening the mood to cheer me up, "Look, you aren't alone anymore. You have us now. Sure you just met us but we're good guys."
Soda gave me welcoming, bright smile that stretched across his face. Johnny smiled too, nodding his head.
I started to grin.
I didn't know why, but I already felt so safe with them. I had only just met them and I felt like I could trust them with anything.
I wanted to ask them about Dallas. They knew him.
"I want to ask you something." I said.
"Sure." Soda replied, "Ask away."
"Um...About Dallas, why is he like that?"
There was silence. Johnny decided to break it.
"That's just him. He acts tough, rude, and cocky...but he's actually pretty nice and caring when you get on his good side."
I chuckled a bit.
"I'm not on his good side." I said.  I also didn't really believe in Johnny that much, Dally was just so mean. How could he even have a good side?
"Dal and I aren't as close." Soda said, "But Johnny's right, he can be caring at times."
I still couldn't believe them.
"You know," Soda said to me with a worried look, "If it's getting worse, you can get us. You could step up to him and get back at him. Or you can tell someone."
He looked genuinely worried. So was Johnny. I simply shook my head and smiled.
"It's fine. Thank you though." I said.
"Well, okay." Soda sighed, getting up, "I gotta get goin' now. Just know that we're here if yah need it, okay?"
I nodded my head.
"See you tomorrow." Johnny said as he got up to leave also.
We all parted separate ways.
I thought about what they said, that Dallas had a good side. I hoped it was true, I wished that I could see it for myself someday.