Chapter 21

"Sorry I don't have a car with me." Dallas apologized as we walked on the sidewalk together.
"It's fine." I said, "Besides, I like walking."
"Where do ya feel like going?" He asked.
My stomach let out a loud growl. Dally chuckled at the hint.
"Dingo it is, I'm paying, 'Kay?"
I felt myself slightly blush when he offered to pay with hesitation. Is he like this to all the ladies?
After some time of walking, we reached the place.
Dally offered me a seat and asked what I wanted. I told him a sandwich with fries and a coke, I was super hungry.
He left to order and came back with the food a few minutes later.
He watched me with surprise while sipping on a coke as I scarfed down the food.
I was about to finish my sandwich when I caught him staring at me.
"What's with that seductive stare, Dallas?" I teased him, "You're gonna make me fall for you."
He let out a low chuckle and continued eating.
"All the broads I've been with are always so picky and afraid to touch food like that, it's so annoying to here them whining and stuff about food." He explained.
"I guess I'm different." I shrugged.
"Yeah..." He said as he smiled and licked his lips.
I wasn't kidding, his stare was making me fall in love with him like a curse.
We both started exchanging jokes and having a fun conversation.
We laughed a little too loud which made people stare at us, I think we were about to be kicked out. But I didn't care, I was having a good time with Dallas and I never wanted it to end.
We finished our food and decided to walk around and see if there was a place we would like to go next.
I looked to my side and saw the park. There were some children playing tag which made me want to play also.
I looked at Dallas and he looked like he was daydreaming. I wanted to take the opportunity.
"Tag!" I yelled as I slapped his back and ran away on the grass.
He yelped and jumped, then his face turned into a smirk when he realized we were playing.
"Oh, okay." He chuckled mischievously, "Tag it is."
He started running after me. I hid behind the tree and looked at him, he was so close to me.
"Wha-how?!" I exclaimed. Damn, he was insanely fast.
"Gotcha!" He yelled out as he tried to touch me but I dodged him.
He looked at me with surprise as I giggled at him.
"Hey, you ain't half bad." He said, "You'd do good in a rumble."
"Less talking, more chasing, Dallas." I pointed at him, "If you could catch me, I'll do whatever you want, just don't make it too extreme."
His eyes widened. He narrowed his eyebrows at me with determination.
"Deal!" He said as he lunged towards me.
I dodged him again and ran as fast as I could.
He almost got me but he still couldn't catch me.
He got frustrated a bit and cussed.
"Ooh, scary." I teased.
"Hah, scary?" He chuckled, "You ain't seen nothing yet."
"There must be something you want me to do pretty badly." I teased in a low voice as I cocked an eyebrow.
He flushed a shade of red then shook his head and continued to chase me.
He trailed behind me but he couldn't seem to catch me.
He started slowing down and then I lost him.
I hid in the tree and peeked to see if he was there.
I couldn't see him anywhere. I felt myself getting worried as I looked around more.
But to my surprise, he was sneaking up behind me.
He let out a loud roar and jumped towards me. I squealed, realizing didn't have any time to move.
He was so big and strong that I lost my balance and started tumbling to the ground with him on top of me.
I shook my head and opened my eyes. I was laying down on the ground, stomach facing the sky. Dallas was on top of me.
Our faces were so close to each other and I could feel his harsh, hot breath on my cheek.
I realized his body was so giant up close.
He saw the position we were in and quickly got up.
"My bad!" He apologized, "Guess I don't know how to control my strength, you okay?"
"Uh, yeah." I said sheepishly as I got up and brushed off the grass. I was perfectly fine, but seeing him on top of me made me blushing heavily.
He cleared his throat and shook away the awkwardness, I did the same.
"That was fun." He said, "Haven't played simple games in forever, we should play it more often."
"Yeah." I agreed, "Well, you caught me."
"What?"
"You caught me, I said that if you caught me, you could ask me anything. So, what's your request."
Dallas started turning red and his eyes darted back and forth, thinking. I think he had a lot of stuff on his mind for me.
He closed his eyes and took a deep breath.
"I want you to answer this." I said as he scratched the back of his head, "Have you...ever been in love before?"
We both stood there in silence.
"Well, yeah." I said after a while, "I've had crushes and stuff like that. But I never had a guy who like me back. I never experienced the things you do as a couple, or even a kiss. That's a good question, Dal."
"Thanks, Doll Face." He said with a smile.
I tilted my head with confusion. Doll Face? Me?
"Why'd you call me Doll Face?" I asked.
"Well, because I think you have a nice face like doll." Dallas responded as he kicked at the grass.
I felt my heart rate increasing.
"So, I'm not The Freak anymore?" I asked jokingly.
He looked at me and gave me a soft smile, not his normal cool and tough smile.
"You were never a Freak from the beginning."
A small gasp escaped from my lips and my heart started pounding out of my chest, maybe he heard it too. I couldn't explain how felt about him.
"Catch you later, Doll Face." He chuckled as he walked away.
"S-See you!" I stammered out.
He gave me a wink and continued walking straight ahead.
I can't believe it. I was falling for the playboy, criminal, bully and I knew it. But I let it slide, I didn't stop it. Besides, I couldn't if I tried.
First I became friends with my childhood bully, now I'm feeling something for him. I didn't know whether I should feel happy or not.
I chose happy. I sighed heavily with daydreamy eyes as I looked at the sky.
But little did I know, Sylvia was eavesdropping us the entire time.