Chapter 15

~Dallas' POV~
I walked back to Buck's alone. I opened the door and it was just him inside.
"Hey, Buck." I sighed as I leaned against the counter.
He slid a bottle of beer towards me and I caught. He knew what I liked.
"Easy, I just cleaned it." He pointed at my wet clothes soaking the counter.
I took off my jacket and shirt and dropped them to the ground. I ran my fingers through my dripping wet hair. Honestly, being out in the rain kind of felt nice.
I took a swig from the bottle and exhaled sharply, smiling a bit.
"What's with that smile?" Buck asked, looking at me.
"It's nothin." I replied as I licked my lips, starting to daydream.
She was so nice, no broad was ever nice to me like that. She's so genuine and understanding, it's hard to find chicks like her around here. Her face, her hair under the rain. Her smile, she got a nice smile.
It made my grin grow wider as I chuckled to myself.
Buck looked at me, weirded out at me daydreaming.
But why did you start it?
I heard her soft voice replaying in my mind. I didn't tell her all of why I lashed out at Soda.
Should I have told her real the truth?
I squeezed the bottle a bit. My eyebrows furrowed and I mumbled nonsense as I debated.
"I'll have what he's havin." A voice interrupted my thoughts.
I looked up and saw it was Tim.
"Ey, what's up, man?" I said as I gave him a handshake.
"Nothin much, haven't seen ya in a while." He said as he sat next to me.
He opened the beer bottle in front of him and gulped half of it down. He sighed and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand as he slightly slammed the bottle on the counter.
"What've you been up to lately, Dal?" Tim asked, "Any trouble?"
"Probably somthin weird." Buck said, "He's been acting somewhat strange. Laughing, smiling and mumbling stuff like a delirious person."
"Nah, I ain't delirious." I explained, "Met someone."
"Who's the lucky guy?" Tim joked.
"It ain't a guy, man." I said, "A nice chick."
"Who?" Tim asked.
"Name's Y/N. Well, we had some history back in elementary...but that's in the past. We're good now. She looks hot now, man. I mean, she doesn't wear makeup, fix her hair, or have a good style...but she does look nice. She got a real good body and personality, man. Even better than Sylvia."
"Hm, sounds like a good chick." Tim shrugged, "So that's why ya dumped Syl."
"Eh, not really. Well...yeah."
"Atta boy!" Tim said as he slapped my back, "Finally you dumped her ass, everyone wanted you to just leave her. So, that girl...Y/N, right? You ask her out yet?"
"I'll wait for the right time." I thought for a moment, "Now isn't the right time, but definitely soon."
"You sound like you actually like her." Tim said, "You never talk about a girl for this long. And you always ask a girl out when you just met her. Dally here has feelings."
I chuckled and finished my beer. I stood up and picked up my clothes off the ground.
"I'm gonna turn in early." I said as I made my way up the stairs, "See you, man."
"Yeah." Tim said as he too walked out the front door.