Chapter 5

Dallas had gotten in trouble in class a few days later.
Two days before the incident, we had moved seats. I was sat in front of Dallas, just my luck. Of course, Dallas was excited.
He introduced new ways of bugging me, like pulling my hair or kicking my seat. I still had my mouth shut.
But one thing he kept doing was throwing paper balls at me and inside my backpack. Each one had a message.
You could probably guess what it would say.
Dallas pretended like he was a basketball player and shoot at me and inside my bag.
He accidentally missed one. He tried aiming for my head but he completely missed. To add to that, he threw as hard as he could.
It shot to the front of the classroom like a bullet, landing right next to the teacher.
She found it and unfolded it. Her eyes became fiery.
"Who threw this?" She asked in a threatening tone as she showed the note to the class.
A few people looked at Dallas. I turned behind me and he had a look of terror on his face. I couldn't blame him, teachers and principals when they're mad are the scariest things in the world to a third grader.
I had felt a pinch of guilt for him.
I wasn't thinking. I shot up, my seat screeching loudly and everyone's attention was now at me. I looked straight at the teacher.
"Was it you, Miss Y/N?" She asked sternly.
I nodded my head.
"I thank you for being honest." The teacher said, calming down, "But that won't stop me to taking you to the principal's office."
I slowly walked out the door, my footsteps were the only sound in the class.
I opened the door and closed it quietly, leaving to the principal's office.

~Dallas' POV~

I saw her walk out of the class.
I should have felt happy. This was the ultimate punishment.
But for some reason, I felt only guilt. I still stared at the doorway where she left.
Why did she do that? After all this time of me doing bad things to her. Why did she stand up for me?
My thoughts kept racing in my head. I still hated her though. But I felt kind of bad.
At lunch, she wasn't in her normal spot. She was probably told to go to a classroom or something for punishment. I wondered where she was.
I didn't notice that I was staring at the spot for way too long.
"Hey, Dal!" I heard Steve shout out to me, "Why you just standing there? Whatcha lookin' at?"
"Nothing." I responded a little too quickly. Keith had a smirk growing across his smug ass face, he knew something was up.
"Dally boy." He teased me in a sing-song voice, "You like the freak girl, don't you."
He dragged out the word "like" and "you". I growled a little out of anger as I shoved him a bit. He still had that smug smile.
"Shut up." I said in an annoyed tone, "I hate that freak. Who would like that kind of girl? Ugh, I like ones that actually look pretty and aren't weird."
"What ever you say." Keith shrugged as he took a bite out of his sandwich.
I picked at my lunch, I still couldn't stop thinking about her. I hated her. She's so weird and ugly, I hate her. I hate her. Right?
My mind kept going back and forth.
I didn't know what to think anymore. My mind kept telling me I hated her but something small inside was telling me something else.