Chapter 19

I ran around the neighborhood for Dal. I called his name when I went past a corner, then I saw him.
He was playing with a pocket knife in his hand and held cigar between his teeth.
He looked in front of him, staring at nothing. He was probably thinking.
His eyes looked like they could kill.
I stopped in my tracks. I took a deep breath and walked towards him.
I finally stopped just a few feet next to him.
He heard my footsteps and looked up. He only stared straight into my eyes with a hard, mean face.
He finally looked away and scowled.
"I should've brought Johnny with us." He muttered in a low voice. He threw the cigar as hard as he could on the ground and raised his voice to a hell, "Damn it! If I had just stayed with him, this wouldn't have happened to him. Now Johnny is even more broken than he already was."
"It's not your fault, Dallas." I said.
He took a long pause.
"Yeah...you're right." He finally said, "It's the Soc bastard who did this to him."
My eyes slightly widened and a small squeak slipped out of me mouth.
He looked at the blade of the pocket knife and ran his finger up and down it. He smiled evilly a bit.
"You-You wouldn't kill that guy...would you?" I asked, my voice shaking with fear.
Dallas looked like a guy who would kill people with no mercy, that scared me.
His smile faded and he put away the blade.
"No, I won't...can't risk getting thrown in the cooler again." He sighed. I felt myself relax, "I don't even know who that little shit is. But if I find him, I will torture him like what he did to Johnny. Scare him and scar him half to death so he could remember that day for the rest of his life...no more than that."
"Dally..." I whimpered.
"I'll see you next time, Y/N." He said as he started walking away. He turned around to look at me, "Anyway, thanks for looking out for Johnny...he needs it."
I watched him slowly disappear when he took a corner.
I kept looking at the direction he had gone with worry.
Dallas really cared about Johnny so much, we all did but Dallas would kill someone or die for him.
I was learning so much about him, but there was still more I didn't know about him that I wanted to learn.